Chapter 15: Wallace Cup

Three days passed and finally it was time for the Wallace Cup. I had spent a lot of time training with my Pokemon for the contest as well as picked out a super cute dress to wear for it.

"Welcome everyone to the Wallace Cup, I'd like to thank everyone who has entered this contest for bringing their beautiful Pokemon here today. " Wallace started the contest as Zoey and I were standing in the back.

"Kat?" I turned and saw ash standing there with two other girls.

"Ash you're entering the Wallace Cup too. That's surprising, but I'm glad to see you. And who are these two girls?" I asked confused.

"I'm Dawn." The one with bluefish black hair said lightly.

"And I'm May, Ash has told us so much about you, the champion of Kanto. My dad being a gym leader in Johto, he's just itching to challenge you to a battle." I giggled.

"Well tell him one day we will have our battle. Oh right, I'm up first. I have to go you guys. See you later!" I took off running towards the stage entrance.

"And now for our first coordinator, Kat!" I came out quickly and took out my two poke balls.

"Alright Glaceon, Eevee Spotlight!' The two Pokemon came out in a beautiful array of ice and fire. "Glaceon use Ice Shard! Eevee spin and use Iron Tail!" The two Pokemon combined their moves together and Eevee's Iron Tail blasted all the Ice Shards into a glimmer of powder snow. "Alright Eevee use Baby Doll Eyes! And Glaceon use Swift around Eevee!" Eevee shimmered brightly with the help of the Swift, though I made sure not to completely cover Eevee because Zoey said the goal is to make your Pokemon shine not hide them in a move. "Alright Glaceon finish this with Icy Wind!" The winds blew the Swift in all directions while making them disappear in glimmers of yellow and blue light.

Everyone started cheering and I felt my heart racing for the first time in a while. I returned Glaceon and Eevee and went backstage again. Zoey and everyone smiled brightly at me.

"That was flawless, Kat!" I smiled lightly.

"Thanks to tell the truth I was really nervous, but I'm glad everything went well." I explained.

"So what was that move that Eevee used? It was called baby doll eyes?" Ash asked confused.

"From what I learned from my uncle it's a fairy type move, but fairy type Pokemon only exist in the Kalos region so this Eevee is very special for that reason." I explained and Ash seemed jealous of my Eevee.

"No fair how come you get a special Eevee?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"Maybe because it's my uncle." He glared at me as the four girls laughed together.

"Well it time for me to head off, bye guys." Dawn said as she rushed away towards the stage area. I turned my attention to the screen to watch as Dawn brought out a Buneary and Cyndaquil. It was a beautiful display of fire and ice and I started getting nervous about my own performance as more people went. Ash, Buizel and Pikachu were pretty good too, but when Zoey went onstage I was glued to the screen.

She sent out a Kirlia and Leafeon. The two Pokemon were nothing alike in type but they worked together in the most mesmerizing way. It almost made me scared to know that she was showing off her Pokemon that glamorously. When she came back I felt all my confidence disappearing.

"Maybe this was a bad idea..." I muttered to myself as she started talking to Dawn and May.  I saw Ash laughing with them too, but for some reason I couldn't bring myself to go over to them.

"Alright everyone it's time to announce the ten coordinators moving on to the second round." I turned my attention back to the screen and when the pictures of the coordinators appeared I was surprised to see my face next to Zoey's at the top. Dawn, May and ash all made it as well which meant this was going to be an interesting fight.

"Congratulations, Kat you made it to the second round but just so you know I'm not going easy on you just because this is your first contest."  Zoey said and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, yeah." 

~

The next day we all met back up again in the arena.  I looked at the battle match ups and saw I was facing Ash.

"Looks like we're up first, Kat." I nodded at him and Pikachu.

"Time to see if you've gotten any stronger." I said and we went out to the stage. 

"Alright everyone let the first battle between Kat and Ash begin!"

"Alright Umbreon, Arcanine Spotlight!" I called them out as they appeared in a fiery haze together.

"Staraptor, Chimchar let's go!"

That was Paul's Chimchar I remembered him saying that it belonged to Ash now.  I wonder what he was thinking as he watches his old Pokemon with another trainer.

"Umbreon use Shadow Ball, Arcanine Fire Blast!" The two attacks combined creating an amazing rainbow display that won me some points.

"Dodge both of you. Chimchar use Flamethrower and Staraptor use Brave Bird!" I smirked as they dodged the attacks.

"Arcanine take that Flamethrower, then use Extreme Speed, Umbreon use Dark Pulse on Staraptor." Arcanine jumped in front of Umbreon and took the Flamethrower, Umbreon jumped on top of Arcanine and up into the air as darkness swirled around her. Her and Staraptor collided. I saw Umbreon flip backwards and land on the ground next to Arcanine lightly.  Staraptor on the other hand fell to the ground, Arcanine's Extreme Speed at the same time had sent Chimchar flying into the falling Staraptor.

The judges buzzers went off as the dust cleared revealing that Chimchar and Staraptor were both unable to battle.

"The winner of the first match is Kat!" The audience cheered and I felt like my heart could finally calm down.

~

I went through two more battles before the semi finals came. I looked at the screen to see who I would be facing and it was May.

"Just because you're Ash's friend doesn't mean I'm going to be holding back." May said and I smiled lightly.

"I wouldn't want it any other way." We took our places on the stage.

"The first semi final battle between May and Kat is about to begin. Coordinators bring out your Pokemon."

"Umbreon, Arcanine Spotlight!"

"Beautifly, Glaceon show time!" I looked at the two Pokemon and I felt like I was about to have an enjoyable battle.

"Umbreon use Shadow Ball! Arcanine Flamethrower!" The two attacks once again collided and created a blue flame heading straight for Glaceon and beautifly.

"Beautifly Silver WInd! Glaceon Icy Wind!" The two winds combined and blew back Umbreon and Arcanine.

"Shake it off, both of you use Iron Tail!" They charged Glaceon and beautifly quickly.

"Dodge!" May called out.

"Oh no you don't!" I called out as Umbreon used Arcanine as a spring and slammed beautifly down into the ground as Arcanine slammed Glaceon away.

"Beautifly, Glaceon!" The two struggled to their feet.

"Let's finish this Fire Blast and Dark Pulse!" Umbreon took off letting the darkness and fire swirl around her creating a purple hue to emit.  She blasted the two Pokemon back and into the wall.

The buzzers rang out once again. Umbreon and Arcanine turned to me and smiled brightly.

"Thank you both so much." May came over to me.

"Thanks for a great battle Kat. I hope we can battle again someday." I nodded and shook her outstretched hand causing the crowd to roar with cheers. 

"So that means that I will be facing whoever is the winner of Dawn and Zoey's battle." I went to the back to watch and in the end Zoey was just a little better than Dawn.

"So it's Zoey."