Chapter 18: Grand Festival

After several months of perfecting my contest battling. I won five ribbons and was now able to compete in the grand festival against dawn, may, Zoey and many other coordinators.

"Hey Kat!" I turned as Umbreon and I finished registering for the grand festival.

"Hey Dawn, May!" I said brightly.

"So you won five ribbons?" I nodded and held up my ribbon case to show them the five ribbons.

"I don't see the aqua ribbon in there." I pulled out the ribbon from my pocket and held it up.

"I didn't win this one on my own, I use it as a good luck charm. And a promise that I intend to keep." I scanned the crowd and finally saw Zoey coming towards us.

"Hey everyone!" We all smiled.

"Hey Zoey. Are you ready for the grand festival?" I asked and she nodded.

"You bet, I see you won five ribbons I watched every contest you were in, you really have grown." I felt my face get red.

"Well it's only because you taught me so much." She smiled and hugged me tightly.

"It will be an honor to compete against you Kat." I smiled.

"Same to you Zoey."

~

Finally, the day of the grand festival came and I was ready. It was a double Pokemon contest and I knew this was going to be an interesting time.

"Alright coordinators and trainers alike, it's time once again for the Pokemon contest grand festival to begin. There are three stages for coordinators to show off their Pokemon. So without further ado let this grand festival begin!" I felt my heart pounding in my chest as Umbreon and I waited backstage.

"Are you ready for this Umbreon?" She nodded determined.

"Looks like you two are getting pumped." Zoey said coming over with dawn and may.

"Yeah it's crazy. But Umbreon and I are ready for anything." That's when someone from the contest staff came over telling me I was up next on the red stage. "Well wish us luck." We rushed out of the room and towards the stage.

"For our next coordinator it's Kat!" We rushed out.

"Umbreon! Jolteon! Spotlight!" I called out. Umbreon jumped into the air as I threw jolteon's pokeball.

Umbreon smacked the pokeball with her tail higher into the air as Jolteon appeared in a flash of lightning.

"Such a beautiful use of Umbreon's tail from the get go."

"Umbreon Shadow Ball! Jolteon Thunder!" The Shadow Ball flew towards Jolteon but when the Thunder hit it, it exploded in a beautiful array of yellow and purple lights glimmering all around the arena.

"Such a beautiful array of lights raining down from all around us."

"Umbreon use Dark Pulse! Jolteon use Thunder Wave around yourself!" I called and the moves formed around the Pokemon.

They jumped at one another and when they collided each time it sent a spark of light everywhere in the arena.

"It's like a beautiful rainbow is forming from these two beautiful Pokemon."

"Let's finish this with a double Shadow Ball!" The two Shadow Balls collided and sparked a beautiful shimmer of purple light around all of us. The crowd roared and we headed back towards the backstage area.

"Kat that was amazing! Jolteon and Umbreon shined so brightly." Zoey complimented.

"Thanks Zoey. We worked really hard on that combination."

"Wait so you aren't using Umbreon in the battle round?" I shook my head.

"Umbreons combos with battling are very limited so I decided to use two different Pokemon." They all nodded.

I watched the rest of the appeal round and everyone did amazing. In the end as the results came I saw I was in the top two with Zoey.

"Well I can't wait to see what the battle round brings." I said lightly. We were all walking back to the hotels and I knew we were all pumped about the next days to come.

"Yeah same, wonder who we'll be battling?" Zoey said. I could tell we all were worried about battling one another.

"Well let's not worry about that right now, let's go and get a good nights rest and focus on doing our best tomorrow." They all nodded as we parted ways to our own rooms.

I laid down in my bed and thought about the days to come in battles.

"Do you think Eevee and glaceon can handle this?" I asked Umbreon.

"Don't doubt them, they will win and you know it." I shook away the thoughts.

"You're right sorry I keep getting nervous about what will happen. I need to relax and sleep. Tomorrow is a new day." I closed my eyes and fell into a relaxing sleep.

~

The next morning I changed into my contest outfit and headed to the arena. I saw the battles were already posted and I saw I was battling May.

"So may and I will be in he first round. Sorry may but I won't lose."

"Hey Kat, just because we're friends doesn't mean I'm going to go easy on you." She said when I saw her.

"I wouldn't want it any other way."