Chapter 21: Sinnoh League

Another month has passed since the grand festival and finally it was time for the Sinnoh League.

"Good luck Paul." I said lightly as he headed down to the arena.

"Don't need it." I rolled my eyes but went to sit in the stands with Umbreon.

"Kat." I turned and saw Cythina standing there.

"Hey Cythina." I smiled.

"Please come sit with me in the champions area." I followed her and we sat together as the tournament began.

"This certainly will be an interesting tournament." I said and she nodded staring down at the competitors below.

On the field were hundreds of trainers who were ready to compete for the title of Pokemon league champions but I doubt they could beat Cythina, she was challenging even for me.

Everyone turned to the giant screen which randomly paired up people to battle together for the first round. I was throughly surprised that Paul and Ash got matched up together.

"Interesting." I muttered and watched as the battles began, Ash and Paul had won but their team work was very lacking and it seemed both of them just wanted to battle each other.

~

After the boredom of watching battle after battle the results were in and the next day's battles were decided. Ash and Paul were going to be battling finally.

"Very interesting indeed, I wonder who will come out on top." I left Cynthia and headed to where Paul and ash were waiting for everyone.

"Kat, where were you sitting?" Paul asked confused. I giggled.

"I got the vip access being a champion myself so I sat with Cynthia. It was an interesting time to learn about her and how she feels about the title of champion, she takes it pretty seriously." Everyone looked at me and nodded.

"That's Cynthia for you, she's not going to let up a bit when she battles the person who will try to take her title." Brock said.

"For sure, but that person won't be me. Cythina is a great Champion I noticed in the battle I had with her. It could have been sheer luck that I managed to win against her in a two-on-two battle, but a full battle. I think I would lose." Everyone looked past me and I turned to see her smiling down at me.

"Don't doubt your abilities as well, Kat. You and your pokemon have worked very hard to win the title of Champion. I look forward to having a full battle with you as two Champions. I mean that is why I wanted you to come to Sinnoh, I wanted to have a battle with you going all out, so when this tournament is over we will have our battle, so be ready." I watched her walk away with nothing more to say.

"Well she certainly knows how to intimidate you." I muttered.

"I can't wait to see that battle." Dawn said and I smiled back at her.

"I am too."

~

After harsh battling Paul and Ash's turn came. Each side wasn't giving an inch until finally it was down to Paul's Electivire and Ash's Infernape.

"So Ash evolved his Chimchar, incredible." I said and Brock nodded.

"Yup those two have worked really hard to get to this spot."

"I bet."

"Kat?" I turned my head and saw a man with curly purpleish hair standing there, he gave off a mysterious vibe.

"That's me."

"I would like to battle you here in the Sinnoh League, for your Champion title." I froze. I turned my attention back to the field as in a huge upset Paul lost.