Dante: Jump

JUMP:

(DANTE)

I have set a rigorous schedule of training for my princess, working on diverse skill sets to expand her physical abilities over all. The Rebel camp training gave her a good foundation, but in the few short weeks she has been under my tutelage she has honed her talents further. Although she doesn't know it, my blood in her helps provides a boost to her as well, besides just lending its potency to help increase her natural quick healing ability. She has asked me many times now, but I still haven't revealed to her what the healing elixir was. Her pretty lips pout at me for an answer, but to no effect. It is my secret and I'm not ready to share. I still haven't decided if I'm ready for a negative reaction when I do, so I prolong the mystery. Besides, she makes the pouting a game and it amuses me.

She is waking now, coming out of our shelter and stretching in the pale light. I imagine her bathed in early morning sunlight, soft shadows cast behind her. As we travel north, I will get to see her delicate beauty in some daylight hours, either dusk or dawn. The sunshine in her hair will be glorious. In artificial lights I have already appreciated its soft highlights, its shine in the sun will be captivating. Violet eyes turn to me and I see affection spark through her aura. Nobody has ever regarded me with such a sweet emotion, and it is like a drug to me. The physical features gifted to me as an angelic being are considered beautiful by females and males alike. Most regard me and feel lust or envy, but never affection. I turn away before I become too ensnared in the allure of her innocent softness.

"Hello to you, too Mr. Grumpy," the soft music of her voice carries a smile I can hear as she teases me. "What, did I oversleep again? Ruin your plans of some novel training exercise that can only happen when the moon is hung at a precise angle in the sky?"

My lips twitch, wanting to smile in response, but I force them into submission so I can turn and give her a forbidding glare. I don't know why I bother, it never works. The affection she feels for me remains in her aura and now I can see her lovely smile. I narrow my eyes at her.

"I think we'll stay here another day. The resources of the land are rich and untainted," I decide, watching happiness appear in her aura at my words. She enjoys the days we are not actively traveling, and on those we do she is anxious as to our destination. She despises intermingling with others as much as I do. I feel satisfaction that her preference is to be with me, alone in the wilds, but I am careful my face and demeanor show none of my emotions. It would be disastrous to have her guess at my feelings for her.

She nods, watching me carefully, trying to figure out my motivations. It is rare that we stay in any place longer than one over day, and as much as I despise being around humans, on occasion I need blood to stay tethered to my corporeal form. So far, I have kept this secret from her, burying our excursions to outposts as a need for supplies, but I know it won't be long before she figures it out. I wonder if I should tell her since I know she will be with me awhile. It might help her understand the frequent stops at various towns. We aren't always in need to trade.

"No sign of enemies that I can sense," I add to reassure her that here is a good place to be.

She scoffs. "As if I would doubt that you would consider staying here if there was!" she exclaims. "Well, should I wash up, or save it until later?" her delicate eyebrows arch up at me and violet eyes wait patiently for my response. I see her lips twitch like she is trying not to smile and know she has teasing thoughts in her pretty head.

"Wait," I order, already with some training plan in mind, and her smile blooms along with excitement in her aura. Temptation fills me. Does Sven not realize the danger of leaving her with me like this?