Dante - Noma Point

DANTE

Noma Point is the perverted version of the phrase "no man's land." The appellation was devised during the early days after civilization's fall when the only humans in the area were those hardy enough to survive the chemical and biological weapons that escaped from containment. For a long while it was a bleak and ragged wilderness where brutality bred survival, but even after a city struggled, stumbled and rose like a phoenix from ashes the designation, and the violence remained. In spite of its outward, thriving veneer of society the place is still a dicey, turbulent area where the blends and shades of mutated humanity gather and struggle against each other for supremacy.

Angel has no idea what she's getting herself into by going there unaccompanied, and I'm in no position to stop her. Sven's judgment was swift. My punishment and trials for both of us play out due to his unbreakable command for me to stay away from her for one week. No contact, no message or explanation allowed, just my absence. Being separate from her is both a physical and emotional agony for me.   My days and nights have been spent exclusively with her, my purpose and my world revolving around her.  Suddenly on my own I feel lost and unfocused.  My stolen taste of her was the most potent of intoxicants, but also a crime.  Even so, I can't help longing for another.

Sven's command orders me to stay far enough from her that she can't perceive my presence. The only exception is to save her life if death is imminent. If only she'd stayed put at the shelter for two more days!  Now I'm left to stalk her from a distance, hoping if anything happens I can get close enough to help mitigate the consequences in some way.

As she races through the wilds, running for travel as I've taught her, I fly high overhead, a speck among the clouds just outside of her range of newly matured senses. I'm reluctantly grateful that her humanity keeps her senses from being quite as sharp as mine. If they were equal, I'd have no way to keep watch over her.   Sadly, if I can escape her range of senses, others can too.  Noma Point is filled with threats for a young, unaccompanied hybrid.  She is unaware how close danger lurks for her.

Enhanced troops are out scouring the lands for her, although this is nothing new.  She's been on the run from them most of her life.  Rumors of a royal hybrid born to an enhanced spark wild speculation about abilities. She is one of a kind, and they want to capture her so they can appraise her worth for their cause. 

The Red Woman and her affected army search for a particular hybrid also. Their incursion in this area involves an active search for a hybrid with a description that could very likely be Angel. The one they search for will have unusual, stronger and more abilities than other hybrids.  My princess hasn't yet reached maturity in her talents, but she is already far ahead of others of her kind.

Leo's revelation during his last visit alerted me that it's possible her ancestry is angelic royalty on both sides. The Enhanced hope to capture her before her great-grandmother, the Red Woman can find and claim her.

As my frustration burns through me I curse the punishment from Sven.   Entering Noma Point will make my princess more vulnerable for capture from both threats. Among the seething masses trading in the city are not only carefully placed Republic spies and Enhanced soldiers, but also the Red Woman's loyal and barbaric Affected minions. My princess is walking into a trap unaware of the danger lying in wait specifically for her.

My only consolation at this particular moment is that she's cloaked herself as she approaches the city. Our exercises have never necessitated that she remain cloaked for more than a few hours and this concerns me now.  I have no idea what her intentions for Noma Point are, and I don't know if she will have the stamina to stay cloaked for a longer duration than the extent of our exercises.  I wish I knew what she was thinking.  I need to know how to keep her safe in the city for the next two days if she stays there.