vii

He looked so beautiful even when he did nothing but sell fruits. She was head over heels for a boy who didn't even know she existed. The elder woman nearby seemed to notice her loving stares and smiled at the scene. The woman glanced at the young girl and leaned closer towards her. "Would you like to live deliciously and live a life with the man you desperately desire," she asked. Sutton nodded at her words. She would give anything to have her desires fulfilled.

The girl regretted that decision once she found herself in the house of the woman located the deepest part of the jungle.

There she was on the ground, naked and frightened to her very core. A ring of fire surrounded her as a serpent was placed on her stomach the snake slowly trailed it's way toward her neck. The girl began to scream and cry hysterically as the snake latched it's jaw into her neck leaving poisonus venom while boiling wax was being poured on her body leaving bloody blisters. Once the snake detached himself from the  woman she was already dead. The elder woman dug into the woman's chest and took her heart, replacing it with the the shriveled one that belonged to Ixchaa, the demi god of serpents. From that moment on she would be forever in debt to the serpents, whether she liked it or not.

She had been left alone in a temple when she woke up. Dust and insects erupted from her mouth as she coughed. The python nestled at the edge of her feet slithered over to greet her. "Reina Tohíl, welcome to your palace. We've been waiting for you."

The girl looked at the snake in bewilderment. It just spoke to her. "What are you?" It slithered further and wrapped itself around her wrist. "Me? I am the mountain, the fire and the earth. I've had so many names. Old names that only the wind can pronounce. I gave you power in exchange of your life."

She stroked it's head and looked off into the distance. If she was going to have to stay here she had to keep herself occupied. "What should I do?" The python purred as it nuzzled further into her cold hand. "You will need an army to protect you and most importantly you need people to follow your commands."

"I think you're right culebra."

In a span of two years she had created an empire for more culebra vampires like her. She opened her arms for those who seeked shelter. Together they built pyramids that held all vampires that were to come. Centuries passed until they came to a realization they needed to keep up with the changing world, so they turned their pyramids into strip clubs.

The strip clubs were a success

The strip clubs were a success. Every night they would open from dusk till dawn and every night they feasted on the damned.  Tohíl's stage name would be 'La Muerte' and she would bring in a full house with her alluring dance which led them to their demise.

  Tohíl's stage name would be 'La Muerte' and she would bring in a full house with her alluring dance which led them to their demise