x

The woman didn't know what to do at this point. She wanted Lex and her daughter back and she knew she could have them back with a snap of her fingers if she joined the Enchantress. As much as she wanted to join, she couldn't. She couldn't live with herself knowing that she would cause torment to her people that walked the earth. She was their queen and what kind of queen would she be if she let her people down.

"Step out of the shadows dear friend. Tohíl join me. You will be worshipped again. Your legacy will continue."

Sutton took a step and was now exposed to the witch. She looked back at the group who was still in a trance and back at the enchantress. "If I join you. Will my people be safe?" The witch nodded and walked down the steps. "Yes they will. Your empire will still remain." The enchantress brought out her hand. "Come! Take my hand and we will rule together again."

Sutton looked over at Chato. "This is your time to use your gift for good. Fight your fight. You're the only one who can see the truth." The tattooed man went to the group. "It's not real." Floyd looked at him. "I killed the bat." Chato shook his head, "Nah. You don't want that. She's just trying to play games with you man. It's not real!" Rick bitterly agreed with him. As much as it seemed real it wasn't. June was trapped inside that witch and Chato's family was dead.

The rest of the group walked towards Sutton. The enchantress looked at the group. "How long have you been able to see?" Chato stepped closer to the witch. "My whole life. You can't have them. These are my people right here." The enchantress looked at Sutton. "It is our time. The sun is setting and the magic rises. The meta-humans will change." Floyd pointed to the woman. "Lady you are evil!" It's these foolish mortals isn't it? They have made you weak.

The enchantress turned her head and called out to her brother. Sutton ran to the monster before she was pulled aside by Chato. "You got another fight to handle. We can handle this. I can handle this."
Sutton took a shard of glass nearby and cut her palm as placed her hand on his head, blood smearing on his cheeks. "Chato Santana, I give you the great soul of Camaxtli, god of fire." Chato bowed in respect. "Gracías reina Tohíl."

The man went to the monster and began to fight Incubus before he ignited the soul of Camaxtli. Her eyes widened as she saw him transform into the ancient Mayan god. Rick called out to the man. "Diablo drive him into the corner!" Chato brought the monster to the corner before he pinned to the ground. The tattooed cholo looked at the Rick. "Blow it!"

Sutton kneeled for the the man and reached her hand out to him. For your noble sacrifice I grant you the gift of life. You and your family will be reunited soon. As the man laid there he closed his eyes and thanked the woman for the final time. She granted him the greatest gift of all. The gift she couldn't use on herself she used on him.

She flinched when she felt the harsh flames blow on her face. The enchantress fell to the ground as she saw her brother blow to pieces. "My spell is complete. Once your army is gone my darkness will spread around this world and it will be mine to rule." The enchantress turned around and began to open the portal to her realm. Rick looked at Sutton. "What's the plan? You know her more than any of us here." Sutton stared at the portal. "You have to pull her heart out."

The enchantress turned to the group and disappeared before she popped in front of Sutton and flung her to the wall. She disappeared again and appeared in front of the remaining members, each one fighting her off as best as they could.

"Enough!"

With a wave of her hand the weapons they all grasped flew out their hands and landed into the steps. "Of all who have faced me. You have earned mercy. For the last time, join me or die." Harley looked at the group. "I'm not much of a joiner but maybe we should!" Floyd looked at her in horror. "You do know she's trying to end the world right?" The woman only scoffed. "So what's the world ever done for us anyway? It hates us!"

She placed her foot on the first step. "I lost my Puddin' and my snake charmer. But you can bring them back right?" The enchantress got closer to Harley. "As long as you kneel and serve beneath my feet you can have anything your heart wishes." As Harley was about to kneel down a voice caught her ears.

"I'd rather you not ask for me back."

Before the enchantress could get the chance to attack her Harley had sliced her chest and took out her heart. The python that had taken refuge under debris came out of its hiding place and wrapped itself around the woman's legs, injecting the poisonous venom in her. Croc threw the bundle of explosives into the portal Rick gave to him as Floyd shot at it.

The enchantress was weak as she tried to crawl towards her heart. The snake only bit her harder and forced her to stay put. Rick sneered at the witch beneath him and demanded to bring June back. "She's not coming back." His hand gave the heart a harsh squeeze. "I'll crush this! You hear me? Bring June back or I'll crush this!" She wheezed out at the man. "Go ahead. You don't have the balls."

Sutton snatched the heart from his palm. "You're right, he doesn't have the balls. But I do." Sutton crushed the heart into pieces and watched as the enchantress died. Rick let out a small whimper as he dropped to his knees.

"Please bring her back."

The woman looked down at the man in pity. "I can't." The man let out a yell and punched the ground before he formed up to the woman. "You helped out Diablo! Why can't you help her?!" The woman pursed her lips. "I can't help her because the enchantress is still inside her. If I bring June back, I bring back the enchantress too. I don't think we want her back again," she looked over at the woman. "Let her take her time. I doubt she would leave without saying goodbye." The colonel licked his lips and gave the woman a curt nod before he went to June's body. 

Moments passed and was ready to give up and accept the fact that June was dead. He was a few steps in when he heard it. He heart stopped and he almost let out a sob. Rick ran to June as she rose from her place. All is good, Sutton thought.

"How are you not dead?"

Her attention was turned to Floyd as he looked at Amanda Waller creeping out of the shadows, phone in hand. Harley's cheerful grin dropped. "We just saved the world a "thank you" would be nice."  "Thank you." The grin was back on her face. "You're welcome." Floyd internally scoffed. "So we did all of this and the only person who gets anything is vampirella?"

    "You get ten years off your prison sentence."

Floyd shook his head at the compromise. "Nah that's not enough. I'm seeing my daughter." Amanda breathed in deeply and ran her tongue over her teeth. "That can be arranged. Any other requests?"
Harley squealed. "Ooh! An espresso machine!"  Croc was the next to place his request. "B.E.T."

"Ten years off a triple life sentence? Darling I'm walking outta here a free man or we're gonna start having some real fun." Her finger hovered above Digger's profile.  Though that damn thing would've been broken by now. Amanda narrowed her eyes at the man as he inched closer to her. Go ahead "Captain Boomerang" make my day. "Why don't we have some fun?" Digger stopped in his tracks once he heard the small beep. If he couldn't beat he might as well join them. Prison was going to have to be his forever home now. 

Amanda looked over at Sutton. If I would've known she could have taken the witch down herself I wouldn't have gone through the trouble of doing all that research.

"Your deal still stands. So don't think about making anymore requests."