ix

He didn't know what to feel. Anger, sadness, hatred? Nothing came in mind. He wasn't one to believe in love at first sight but he sure began believing in just about anything when he first laid eyes upon Sutton. He remembered how her wardrobe was limited to short dress and heels despite the fact that it always seemed like winter in Metropolis. But she never seemed to care about the changing weather. It could've been hailing and shed still choose to come to work with six inch heels.

The memory made him smile in happiness.

He remembered how she would always eat cherry jolly ranchers and give him the sour apple ones. That slowly turned into being his favorite candy in the world. In the universe to be exact. Lex liked her from the start, even when he first took a look on her profile he thought she was pretty.

The man never quite remembered when he found out she wasn't human. But he always had a feeling something was off about her. Sunlight was his first clue. She always wore big floppy hats whenever she came through the door and she smelled like sunscreen. The woman would always move her desk away from the sun if got in close proximity of her. Lex noticed and had tinted the windows near her desk. His second clue wasn't a clue at all but a clear answer. He had followed her around the office in hopes of finally asking her out when he saw her in a closed off area drinking a jug full of blood. She must've stashed more inside the room if she had the jugs neatly organized on the shelves. It never bothered him that she drank blood or that kill him with a wink of an eye and a phrase. He loved her and when you loved someone you become to love their imperfections.

Their first date was at the lab when he had been planing on showing her his latest invention created just for her. It was a serum that would hold off any of her "cravings" for a long period of time. He was nervous when he told her that he knew about her secret but it all paid off when he saw the look on her face when he presented her his creation. Her smile was so big and she let out the most angelic
"thank you" he had ever heard. It was at that exact moment when he realized he loved her.

When she had gotten her name changed, he was with her ever step of the way. Tochíl was nice but he liked the way Sutton suited her. He liked the way she would get excited when she talked about being knows as "Sutton queen of Metropolis".

Oh how he missed her. Everything about her was perfect. The way she talked to the way she moved. She was like a dream come true. It was hard, hard not being able to see his daughter and lover. There was never a day that passed where Lex didn't think  about his final moments with his family. She was standing there holding their child in the middle of all the debris and fire just staring at him. She didn't know what to say so she just ran, ran towards Lex hugging and kissing him not wanting for him to leave. "I love you baby. Please don't go don't leave us. Please please please dont." He held the both of them close drying her tears with his hands. He took his child and looked at her in the eyes. This was the last time he was ever going to get to see her.

"Baby. Daddy's going away for a while. Whatever happens I need you to open be a big girl for me." The toddler only looked at her father with a blank stare and blew a raspberry. Lex laughed and stroked her hair back and he held onto Sutton. "I have to go now but I want you to know that I love you very much my sweet girl." The man placed a kiss on his daughters forehead and handed her back to his lover. She held onto him a little tighter than last and gave him one final kiss goodbye. When he started walking away he could hear the cries of his daughter as she tried to make her father come back.

That's enough reminiscing for today, he thought. Instead of making him happy it did just the exact opposite. It made him miserable.

He knew the very first emotion he felt. It was anger.
Lex and Sutton. Lex and Sutton. Lex fucking Luthor and "Sutton Rossi" was all that was on his mind. It didn't bother him so much that she took his money and left or that she started a family with someone else. What bothered him was the fact that she changed her name for him. What he really that great for her to do something like that? After hearing about her from Gotham news of all sources, brought up all those bottled up feelings that made his knees weak. He wasn't saying that he wanted her back but he wouldn't be opposed to the idea of it were ever brought up. Of course he knew that if he wanted her back he would have to get her daughter too and he wasn't too fond on the idea of being a father, much less a stepfather at that.

The second emotion was sadness.

Joker began thinking. Wasn't Harley enough? What else could he possibly want? Harley was always there for every one of his needs and wants since she was still Harleen Quinzel. He hated to admit it but in rare moments of weakness he would make Harley wear one of her forgotten dresses and spritz on some perfume that reminded him of her. His stomach churned and he let out a groan. Could it have been food poisoning? Did he split open his stitches? No. He hasn't eaten all day and his stitches came out a week ago. So what was this strange sensation? Sadness? Regret, maybe? Joker shook his head at the thoughts and gave himself a harsh slap. He couldn't possibly still have feelings for her after she betrayed him.

Right?