v

The Midway City Bank Building was completed in 1929 Great Depression, an uneasy economy during the war years, and the bank closures early of the 21st century.

Then hell plumetted from the sky in the guise of a crippled, out of control helicopter that skidded across rooftops and shredded it's way down Ninth Street, only to Careen into the banks facade, destroying glass, stone and mortar.

The copper was on fire. Nothing inside could have survived.

From across the way on another rooftop. The joker watched the flames rise into the sky. He had jumped just in time. If he had waited even another ten seconds, he would now be little more than ash. He picked himself up and laughed as he watched the bank turn into a blazing inferno. Whats next he wondered but he already knew the answer. To find Harley and get his once fallen goddess back. He'd accepted the fact that one day she would be the death of him and perhaps that's why she was so enticing. Everyday was like running through a shifting mine field, a game of Russian Roulette. Life with her and Harley was always a journey, a dangerous, sadistic journey.

He walked towards her unconscious body and knelt down whispering in her ear before placing a kiss on her temple making her move but not wake. He threw her over his shoulder and walked towards the edge of the building letting her land on a pole that punctured through her chest leaving her impaled knowing that he would get a head start upon leaving before the scene of the crime. At first he had a weird feeling rising from his chest. Could it be good poisoning? Did he get bitten by that damn snake of hers?

As he walked along the streets searching for Harley he reminiscences the times he spent with Sutton his first Queen. No goddess. Anyone who disrespected her would be killed with the bat of an eye. But he had disrespected her. He threw it all away for someone he thought would have a better life with. Only instead it made him miserable.

The room was dark and cold as Joker lay on the floor, arms spread wide, drunk and miserable. Surrounded by pictures of her and a few of her belongings she left behind.

          "Puddin."

A voice called out from the other end of the door. The joker slowly gave up on the day and ran his hand angrily through his hair. He didn't want to deal with her cheery self right now.

      "WHAT DO YOU WANT HARLEY?!"

He didn't mean to yell that loud but he caught up with his emotions after his goons told him that they couldn't find her anywhere in Gotham. The woman who was with him every step in the way was gone all because of him thinking with his dick. The petite woman opened the door and entered the room crouching down to where Joker was.

"Puddin' we don't need her. You have me she just didn't want to share. Remember I love you puddin'. You are my one and only Mistah J."

The joker looked at her and brought her close.

"You, Harley are something else."

Though he knew that the pain he felt wouldn't leave he used her to fill the void in his heart.