Xi

Weeks passed and she was still locked in her cell. They lied to her. All that work she did and she never went home or saw her family. All she got was transferred to a new cell. I chose to help them and this is how they repay me?! Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard the familiar buzz on her cell door. She firmly planted her feet on the ground and prepared herself to take down the joker. Ever since he had gotten Harley three days earlier she had a sneaking suspicion he would come for her too. She expected a streak of green hair to come in through the door but instead saw a bald head. No matter what he looked like she would still know it was him. He could change everything about him and he would still look the same to her. It was one of his many favorite things he liked about her.

"Lex? Is that really you mi amor?"

The man who looked down slowly brought his head up and smiled brightly. She ran to him and hugged him tightly, pampering him with kisses all over his face. There he was, in flesh and blood. Standing right in front of her. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she continued to hold him close to her.

"I missed you so much! It drove me insane not being able to see you querido."

He didn't realize he had been crying until a tear made its way to the corner of his mouth. This time they weren't tears of sadness. They were of joy. Moments passed until they heard another buzz. He separated from her and began making his way to the door. Times up, he thought.

Then walked in Amanda Waller herself and a little girl no older than two. The woman looked down at the girl and guided her to the two. "It took some time  to get your deal approved. I had to go through a few security measures and a lot of paperwork to make sure she could visit you both."

Both had no idea what Amanda had said as they were too caught up on the sight of their daughter smiling at them. Sutton let out a shay breath and smiled. Her little girl remembered them. Although nobody saw the invisible smile Amanda had on her face she could feel it. Lex looked up at Amanda, "Is she in a good home?" Amanda nodded her head. "I can't tell you more other than that she's in good hands. She'll go to the best schools and have the best education she can possibly have. She will live an exceptional life. You have nothing to worry about."

The small family had been together for a few hours until Lex and Victoria has to go back leaving Sutton. Lex was shipped back to Metropolis and Victoria to Gotham City. Both he and Sutton counted the days until their next visit. Even if they were still locked up in their small, dingy cells at least they knew their child was well taken care of.

Amanda Waller and the toddler waited in the reception room of the sleek and modern building. The sound of a cartoon playing from the tablet and the soft purrs of the sleeping python filled her ears as she patiently waited.

           "Ms. Waller?"

She turned her head to look at the older man and turned off the tablet that laid on the girls lap. Picking her up she followed him through the hallway and into the office. "You said three thirty. The time is four o'clock." The man smiled and looked at the toddler. "He had a business meeting he had to attend." Before she had the chance to speak up again a voice called out in the room.

"Sorry I'm late. I'm sure you were voiced in on the meeting."

She took in his appearance and fought the urge to smirk. Some meeting. "May I ask how you managed to get that bruise on your cheek?" The man chuckled at her question and gently touched his cheek. "Little Victoria threw one of her building blocks and managed to cause this accident." The woman nodded and handed the child to him. "She must have some arm if she managed to cause that." Again the man laughed.

         "You'd be surprised."

Amanda took a look at the girl who was now bouncing on the leather chair. "Well I have to go now. It appears I'm late for a meeting myself. I'll be back in two weeks to pick her up."

With that she left.

Later that day the girl was in the backseat watching the trees fly by as she was driven home. An occasional hiss would come out of the snake as it slithered around the girls leg. The man sat beside her looked at the giggling girl. How can two villains make her? She didn't have a mean bone in her body.

The bright light of the bat signal shined through the window. The girl gasped in excitement when she saw the bat signal shining. The man let out a smile and leaned over to the front seat.

"Alfred I might be running late tonight. Make sure she gets bathed and goes to bed at a reasonable hour this time please."

         "I can't make any promises master Bruce."