Too Late (5SOS fanfic) #8

I take a seat next to Luke and Mikey starts talking about some video game. I zone out because the boys talk about guy stuff.

"Tessa! I was looking for you for ages! I need to talk to you," Jess says, approaching me and the boys.

"Hey Jess," Calum says to Jessica as she grabs my arm.

"Hi Cal," she says blushing.

"I'll be back in a second, okay?" I say to Luke, Ashton, Michael and Calum.

Jess drags me to a place where we can chat without anyone listening.

"OK, tell me everything. What did you do last night?" Jess says.

"Well, we watched a movie in his room and then he played me a song on his guitar. Did you know he could sing?" I say, slightly avoiding telling her the interesting part, just to annoy her.

"No, I didn't. Now tell me more," Jess says, getting impatient.

"And then we kissed," I say, giving in.

"Oh. My. God. Was it like a peck or did you make out? Is he a good kisser? Are you guys dating now? Ugh, Tess, I'm so happy for you!"

"Well, we made out. A few times. And yes, he's a really good kisser. And no. We're not officially dating, but we are going out on Saturday," I explain.

"Tessa! That's awesome!" Jess says hugging me.

We walk back to the boys and I sit. Jess awkwardly stands there and I signal for her to sit.

"Sit, Jessica," I say, patting the spot next to me.

"Yeah, come sit," Calum says.

Jess blushes and sits down.

"So Jess, what music do you like?" Calum asks, making conversation.

"U-ummm... I like... Ummm..." Jess says, getting nervous.

"She likes pop, RnB and rock," I say, finishing her sentence for her.

"Yeah," she says and mouths thank you to me.

"That's cool. Do you play any instruments?" Ashton says.

"I sing, but that's it," she says.

Ashton, Calum, Mikey and Jess keep talking and Luke and I start our own conversation.

"Answer honestly, how was me and Ashton's music. performance? I need to know," Luke says.

"To be honest, it was amazing. You have so much talent. But maybe try not to stuff up so much next time," I giggle.

"Oh, shut up. We've only done that a few times," he says laughing.

"It was still amazing, even if you did mess up a bit," I say, kissing his cheek.

"Thank you, that's what I wanted to hear," he says.

We continue talking on our own and I realize that Jess and Calum are getting slightly closer every time I look over there.

" Lukey, look at Jess and Cal," I whisper, pointing to them.

"Nawww, how cute," he says in a baby voice.

We talk a little while longer, and the bell goes for the end of break.