Too Late (5SOS fanfic) #19

At lunch, Luke greets me at my locker and we go outside together.

"What did Ashton want to talk to you about at break?" He asks once we find a seat.

"Umm..." I hesitate.

"He said that he wanted to ask me out, but since I like you, he didn't. I feel bad," I explain.

"Well, it's a bit late now, I guess. I just hope he finds the right person someday. Whenever he likes a girl, they're either fake like Skyla or they like someone else," Luke says.

"Yeah, he's a really good guy. He'll find a nice girl who's good to him and likes him for who he is one day," I say.

"Calum's been meaning to ask Jess out, but he's been to scared. Would Jess say yes?" Luke changes the subject.

"Are you kidding? She's been waiting for him to do that too! How about after school, you and me talk to Cal and convince him to ask her?" I suggest.

"Sounds like a plan," Luke smiles.

"They'd be so adorable together. Has Mikey got a girlfriend?" I ask.

"Well, he's been going on heaps of dates with this girl, Nimu I think her name is. But they're not officially "together" yet. She seems like a nice girl and she's similar to Mikey in a lot of ways. They both love gaming. It's pretty funny actually, because most of their dates are playing games at his. Apparently she beats him a lot, which is funny because it's not easy to beat Michael, " Luke says.

I laugh. I can imagine Michael getting really worked up over a girl beating him.

"I'll have to meet her sometime," I say.

"I've been meaning to ask you if you want to come to band practice some time. Nimu usually comes to them, so you can meet her there. And maybe Jessica can come too," he says.

"That would be so cool!" I get really happy.

"Wait, but what about Ashton? He'll be the only one without an extra person," I realize.

"He'll be fine," Luke says. But I'm not really sure he would be.

"Okay. When is band practice?" I ask.

"Tomorrow after school," Luke says.

"I'll be there! I'm so excited to hear you all as a band!" I say.

"We're not that good yet. So don't get too excited," he says.

"I bet you're amazing, like the best of the best," I joke.

"Do I sense sarcasm?" Luke smiles.

"Sarcasm? Me?! No! Don't be ridiculous," I smirk.

"Tessa, you're crazy," he laughs.

"You love it, Hemmings," I giggle.

------------------------------

"C'mon man. She likes you and you like her. Just do it now! Don't keep her hanging," Luke tries to convince Calum.

"What if she says no! You don't know if she likes me or not!" Cal says.

"Yeah, but Tessa does. So just do it!" Luke says.

"Seriously Cal. You have nothing to be afraid of. If you don't do it soon, she'll think you don't like her and loose interest. So do it while you have the chance," I say.

"Fine! I'll do it!" Calum gives in.

"Yay! Now go up and ask her," I point to Jess who is talking to Mikey and Ashton.

"What do I say?!" Calum asks.

"Just say;

"Hey Jess. Do you want to go out with me this Saturday to see a movie?"

Or whatever you want to do," I say.

"Okay, okay. I'll do it now," Cal starts walking towards Jess.

Luke and I watch as Calum pulls Jess aside.

-------------------

(Calum P.O.V)

I grab Jess aside from Ashton and Mikey.

"Hey Jess, could I talk to you," I ask her.

"Sure Cal! What is it?" She asks.

"Well, ummm..." I scratch the back of my neck. My heart is racing and I'm so nervous.

"I was wondering if you wanted to see a movie on Saturday? Like with me? But it's okay if you don't want to," I say. I sound like an idiot.

"I'd love to see a movie with you Cal!" She giggles.

"Awesome! Thanks! I didn't think you'd say yes," I make a huge fool out of myself.

"Why wouldn't I?" She smiles.

"Because I thought I was too weird," I laugh.

"Of course not," she says.

I hug her, feeling super happy, and slightly awkward.

----------------------

(Tessa's P.O.V)

We can see him getting really nervous and scratching the back of his neck. He's like a lost puppy. We see Jess saying something and them hugging. Then they both start walking our way.

"I'm guessing she said yes?" I whisper to Calum.

"Yep! Thanks for the encouragement Tess," he whispers back.

I stand next to Luke and Jess and Calum walk in a different direction together.

"I'm so happy for them. Jess has liked him for ages. I wonder when they'll actually become a proper couple," I say laughing.

"Woah Tess. He only just asked her on their first date. It takes more than one little date for that," he says.

-----------------------------

Hey y'all!

Gab here!

Hope you liked this chapter! Calum finally asked Jess out! Wooh! And Michael has a special girl! My friend wanted me to put her with Mikey so I did :)

Thanks boo's

XxGab