#33

"I kissed her!" Ashton blurts out.

"You what?!" Luke's voice booms through the room.

"I fucking kissed her, Luke! She was angry at you and you were angry at her and I didn't know what I was thinking!" Ashton's voice raises dramatically. I stay still, my hands covering my mouth in shock.

"Tessa, is this true?" Luke yells at me.

I nod, scared of how Luke was acting.

"Luke, I didn't kiss him back. I got angry at him! please don't be mad!" I plead. I could feel a lump in my throat, my eyes getting slightly watery.

"But you fucking knew that I didn't like you hanging out with Ashton! That's the whole reason I was upset in the first place! And right after, you go running to him?!" Luke yells.

"Luke! I was angry and upset and I didn't kno-"

"What the fuck," Luke storms out angrily.

I fall to the ground, my face in my hands, with tears streaming down my cheeks.

"Tessa, I'm sorry. I didn't mean for this to happ-"

"Fucking get out, Ashton. You're just going to ruin things even more," I snap. I turn my head slightly to look at the boy standing before me. He looked sad and apologetic. For a second, I wanted to forgive him. I wanted to tell him it wasn't his fault and I wasn't angry with him. But I couldn't forgive him and I was angry.

Ashton sadly moves out of the room and closes the door. I stay in a heap on the floor, crying. I'd messed everything up.

--

"Tess, honey. Would you like me to take you home? Luke and Ashton have both left to go somewhere," Liz opens the door after about half an hour. I had been left in Luke's music room just crying. I didn't feel like moving. Both Luke and Ashton had walked out, but I didn't know where.

"That would be great, thank you Liz," I smile weakly.

"Oh, my Tessa. What happened? You look like a mess! Why aren't Luke and Ashton still here?" she walks over to me.

"We all just had a little argument. It should be okay. I don't know where Luke and Ashton went," I lie.

"Ashton went quite a while ago but Luke just left. I think Ash was going home," she explains.

"Oh. It would be really good if you could take me home. Thank you for having me," I manage a smile.

"Any time sweetie," she smiles sweetly.

--

I get home and thank Liz for the lift. I check my phone, expecting a missed call from one of the boys but of course, I had none. I felt like shit and looked like that too. There were massive bags under my eyes, which were now red. My makeup had run all down my cheeks and I felt pathetic.

"Tessa! Can I borrow your mascara?" Zoe barges into my room. She turns to face me and stops, her face dropping.

"Tess, what's wrong?" she makes her way over to me and pulls me in for a hug.

"Ashton kissed me and Luke found out and now Luke hates me and Ashton and I'm angry at Ashton too. I feel so bad," I sob into Zoe's shoulder.

"Oh, Tessy. It'll be okay. I know it will. You'll be friends with them again and it'll all be okay," she assures.

"It won't, Zo. I stuffed everything up. I should have never invited Ashton over," I mumble.

"Tess. It was not your fault. Ashton shouldn't hav-" Zoe gets cut off by the phone ringing.

"Who is it?" I ask Zoe who picks up the phone.

"It's Luke."

-------------------------

(A/N)

This fan fiction is so pathetic