Too Late (5SOS fanfic) #23

I didn't tell Jess about anything until Monday. She asked a few times, but I refused to tell her. I wanted to tell her when I actually saw her.

On Monday morning before school, I meet Luke at his locker.

"Hey," I walk up to him and hug him.

"Hey babe," he replies.

"When are we going to tell everyone else about you and me?" I ask him. I was texting him all day yesterday and we both decided to leave telling anyone until today.

"Break," he says.

"Okay. Sounds good," I smile at him.

"Well, I better get to class. See you at break," he says kissing my cheek.

"Bye bye," I smile.

-----------------------

Luke meets me at my locker at break and we walk outside to where Jess, Calum, Mikey and Ashton are sitting.

"Tess!" Jess hugs me. "I haven't talked to you since Friday!" She says.

"Yeah, I know," I smile at her.

"So Luke told me he asked you to be his girlfriend," Calum says. What the fuck? Luke wasn't supposed to tell anyone.

"Yeah," I say glaring at Luke.

"OH. MY. GOD! TESSA THATS AWESOME!" Jess gets over excited.

Everyone smiles at us two and Luke grabs my hand and intertwines it with his.

Mikey congratulates Luke and Jess starts talking to Calum about how she knew Luke was going to do it soon and how she always though we'd be perfect together. I look over to Ashton and he's looking at the ground. He looks really upset and I suddenly feel like shit.

"I have to go get something," Ashton says getting up and walking away. I want to follow him, but I guess I need to give him his space.

"Now we need to find someone for Ash, because I have Nimu, Jess has Cal and Tess has Lukey," Mikey laughs.

"Yeah. I really hope he finds the right person soon," Luke says. It's exactly what I'm thinking.

"Me too. I don't want him to feel left out," Calum says.

I stay quiet.

"Shit I almost forgot! How did your date go?" I ask Cal and Jess, changing the subject.

"It was good. We saw a horror and Jess was scared out of her brains," Calum laughs.

"I was not!" Jess argues.

"You were so! You had your eyes closed most of the time!"

"Well, it's not my fault I'm scared of blood!"

"It kinda is Jess," Calum laughs. "Anyway, I thought it was cute how you were scared."

Jess blushes and we all laugh at her.

-----------------

At lunch I decide to talk to Ashton to ask if he's okay.

"Ash, can I talk to you?" I find him in the halls on his way outside.

"Sure," he says.

"I'm sorry," I say quietly.

"For what?" He asks. He knows exactly what though.

"You know. Me and Luke," I look at him.

"Why are you sorry? You guys are good together," he avoids eye contact by looking at his feet.

"Look Ashton. I know you'll find an amazing girl who really likes you someday. Why wouldn't she? You're a sweet guy," I explain.

"Then why didn't you like me?" He raises his voice, turning to me.

"Why didn't you ask me out?" I say back, getting a little frustrated.

"Because of Luke! You liked Luke!" His voice gets even louder. "Anyway, it's too late now. So I'll just fuck off and let you two be happy," he storms off.

"Ash, wait!" I run after him.

"Look, I'm sorry and I want us to be friends. But just friends," I say. I just wish he didn't have feelings for me.

"I'm sorry too for getting angry," he says. "Just friends?"

"Just friends," I agree. I hug him and we go outside.

----------------

"Hey. Where were you?" Luke asks me as I meet him outside.

"Just talking to Ashton," I reply.

"Did you ask him about you and me?" He lowers his voice.

"Yeah. He said he doesn't like me in that way," I lie. I didn't want Luke thinking Ashton still liked me. I couldn't ruin their friendship.

"Good," he says.

----------------

YO! Gab here! (Idek why I always say that. So just deal with it)

Sorry this chapter is boring. Sorry this story is boring. I just have to work on it. It'll take time. I kinda want to start again but I can't be bothered.

I really want to write a Calum one for some reason. Maybe soon.

xxGab