~*Sweet Memories*~

Im going to continue this story for a while, and put everything else on hold(that means Pausing the Rain). So all concentration IS RIGHT HERE! BTW everyone i DO NOT edit because, well, it bores meand therefore, it will NOT be done!!! haha anyhooo, the dedication of this chapter goes to CharityLeGal because she talked to me when no one else wanted to. THANK YOU!!

Tyler --------------------------------------------------------->

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

When I was seven, I remember climbing up a pecan tree in pursuit of a alley cat. I quickly found out, I was never going to get the cat and this little chase was utterly pointless. Lying on a branch, i plucked a pecan from its branch and attempted-in vain-to pry it open. After a couple of minutes of trying to pull the nut open and spill its hidden food, I simply gave up.

Two failures in one hour.

Thats pretty depressing for a seven year old.

I don't know how long i remained on that branch before night was falling, and the cold of darkness crept across my skin.

"Daddy! Daddy I'm in the old walnut tree!" I yelled, thinking he could hear me from our house, about a mile away.

Chill bumps began to make their prescence and i could no longer make out the distant streaks of light in the sky. I knew it was time to get down, and get home.

. I slid one foot down the trunk, searching for any branches, or holes for that matter. None. I flipped on my belly and started shimmying (sp?) down the trunk to find splinters protruding from all my fingers. Tears peeped immediately, then Mrs. Wilcox’s teachings flew threw my head,

'Never ever under any circumstances let a man see you cry, unless told directly to do so. I mean it. And if the urge to do so is so strong and you are positive you will begin to cry, bite your tongue.'

I bit my tongue, hard, and the tears automatically stopped flowing.

I've done that everyday since. In exception of my wedding day.

I climbed back up the tree careful of my wooden fingers. I pulled them out of my hand, only a few bled though. Sucking on my ring finger, I racked my mind of ways to get down. After moments of no ideas, I began to get frightened. The night seemed to swallow my small figure in all the big things.

Big trees.

Big skies.

Big branches.

Big creatures lurking near the bottom of the tree.

I began to whimper silently to myself as I realized how small and insignificant I was. I was but a small bug in a vast community of fakes, wannabes, and dictators.

Things I will never escape.

Its the world I live in.

I know, deep thoughts.

For a seven year old.

I lie inside myself for hours, creating a world.

A new world. With people who went to school to learn history, and math. Not tips to stop crying, or best ways to be of service to men.

Where people where people, not prizes won to be later thrown away.

My world was of flowers with beautiful, natural scent.

Not the artificial ones that cloud our world today.

The clouds were of lullabys and sugary lyrics.