~*The Funeral*~

Nyx------------------------------------------------------>

Black or white.

That was the only choice I was to make today.

I stiil couldn't decide whether I wanted to wear the white dress or the black dress. Should I be mourning? I should, but I'm happy.

Kind of.

Not really.

Sighing I pointed at the black dress. I guess I shouldn't be happy. The dresser quickly pulled my nightgown over my bedhead and then started at my corset strings. I sucked in all my breath trying not to gasp as she squeezed the remaining life out of me. The black dress fell into the curves of my body, something I no longer enjoyed. 

I wanted to go to bed.

Wear loose T-shirts.

His T-shirts.

Not that the dress wasn't beautiful. It was. The strapless bodice was bedazzled with an assortment of beautiful white gems. The skirt ruffled out to my calf, creating a pleasant effect. The white dress matched it precisely, because when I randomly picked this out of the catalogue, claiming the colour didn't matter, he insisted that we get the same dress for the wedding, just in white of course. He must have found some sort of sick amusement out of that.

But thats the thing.

He is sick. Like mentally. I now have to go to school again, so I can suit him. Evenings 4-6, mornings  8-12. I am told that if I work extra hard, I might be able to gradute early. Doubt it. They say that every time.

"Madame, Monsier's patience is running out. He requests you immediatly, or he will come up here himself." A meek girl of 14 tells me. Thats right. If you don't qualify for schooling, you are a unpaid servent.

 "Layla, I told you to call me Nyx. We are equals. Now and forever."

"Whatever you say, Madame."

She quickly left the room as I opened my mouth to argue, I closed it and dragged my feet to the door, not looking foward to my eventful day.

Oh did I forget to tell you?

Tyler also planned the wedding on Erik's funeral day.

I told you. Twisted.

The wedding is at 6:30pm, and the funeral was at 10:30am, leaving plenty of wedding prep time. I grabbed my silky clutch and stepped out of my room   -cage-  to meet my jailer.  The idea of escaping flitted through my mind once more, only to be torn down by my memories of past failures. Pictures flashed through my mind reminding me how hopeless I was.

Barred windows.

One way glass.

Merciless alarm systems.

Barbed wire fences.

The GPS inbedded in the back of my neck.

Then theres the contract. The promise to find me wherever I hide. To never let me have a happy ending. I reach the ridiculously long stairwell and see Tyler waiting at the bottom like some sort of ill Prince Charming. I shuddered, but kept up a straight. I would NOT let him see me cry. I bit my tongue, hard. Blood flowed around my mouth, it's salty taste almost like tears, which was good enough mourning for me.

I lay my gloved hand in his and smiled. He smiled back and chuckled to himself.

"Whats so funny?" I said, stabbing at nonchalant but hitting nervousness.

"It's just, I never thought you would ever be mine. All mine." He smiled, showing off a perfect row of gleaming white teeth.

"Who would have thought?" I replied, trying to get off the subject as fast as possible.