~*Kitty*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Jers POV~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Jer, where are you taking me?"

"Somewhere where no one can have you."

"What? What are you talking about?"

"Nyx, there are more places out there besides *Panem. I know what you think, but no matter what everyone says, *Panem isn't the only body of land on this globe."

"But, but, where else is there?"

"Everything.  There are hundreds of places. Places were women, are people. Real people. Where you can do anything, so long as it's not unhuman."

I don't really know how to explain all this to her. I mean, the thought must be mind blowing to her. Pondering what I would do if I had grown up in Panem with my brother. I shuddered at the thought of owning people. I suddenly felt the need to pull out a cigarette, but didn't.

"Where else is there? I mean, how would you know, I just-" She trailed off. She appeared calm, but looking in her deep eyes, I saw, fear? What is she afraid of?

"How come I've never heard of these places? Why hasn't anyone heard of it?"

I gauged her reaction. She was mentally begging me to tell her it was true, but if it wasn't, she wanted to know now.

"It's illegal." I said carefully, not wanting to hit a nerve.

"Many have heard of it, but there are no ways off this place. Actually, about 250 years ago, this place was called North America, and we were the freest(sp?) country in the world, well, until the complaints. That caused the War of Panem. That's when everything changed."

I waited a bit to let this seep into her, I wanted to space this out a little more, but I needed her informed to start the real situation.

"So which one are we going to?"

"It's called Russia. I think you'd enjoy it there the most."

I flashed another look at her. Her head was in her hands, fingers mussing her hair. She's exhausted. I sighed and pulled over to a nearby meadow. I put the car in park and turned to her.

"Why don't you lie down for a bit? I think you need time-"

"No, I'm fine, really. So tell me more about Russia."

I snickered at her get to it reaction, but hid it quickly and said," Not until you've layed down for atleast an hour. Then we will talk some more."

She didn't even hesitate this time. She climbed into the car/bed and hit the pillow. Her lids shut instantly.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ Nyx's POV~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~

My body was completley asleep, but my mind continued to race. Time to sort everything out.

- I am not going to marry Tyler.

- Jer saved me.

-I'm a month pregnant with Eriks child.

-I'm going to Russia, where no one can force me to do anything.

I smirked to myself. I was so happy. Happy. I like that emotion. It's brand new, and I'm ready to embrace it. When I get to Russia, I'm going to have my beautiful child, with Jer beside me-

Jer. Why does he want me? No, why did he save me? I've never even met nor heard of him before. Heart racing, I squinted my eyes under my lashes, the way I did so Tyler would think I was asleep. The man in the front had his eyes were clamped on the oncoming traffic.  I studied his face closely, looking for any signs that he could be the bad guy in this scenario. I couldn't imagine it.

Snap out of it Nyx! Stop trusting your idiotic instincts! Remember where they got you last time?

My cheeks became red as I held in tears while my own mind tormented me with memories.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~{Nyx at 15,4 years ago}~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~

My gaze darted  nervously down the hallway, I dashed towards the girls dorms. 'What am I doing? All this is going to do, is get me another two hours of lessons, and perhaps an extra punishment from Mr.Lasker.'  Stopping in front of the pillar marking the beginning of the lounge, I stepped into the pool of light cast by the old antique chandelier.I just opened the lounge door when a slender arm swiftly closed it.

"Trying to skip inspection? I know you wouldn't want me to tell Mrs. Wilcox?"

My wavered gaze met his green one. He had flaming red hair that came to his shoulders in a wavy mass. He had a  splattering of freckles under his eyes.

"Of course I won't tell," he continued,

"if you tell me your name. Willingly."

I responded,"No." I forced myself to look down at my highly uncomfortable shoes.

"Tsk tsk, I should be angry, but I'm not."

My head snapped up to see a mischievious Chessire smile planted on his face.

"And why is that?"

"Because, Nyx, I already know your name, and it' exactly that attitude that I like about you." he retorted.

Cocky. "My name, in the slight chance you might care, is Erik."

"Well to your dismay, I don't care, and you can tell Mrs.Wilcox."

"But I won't tell." He turned on his heel and began to walk away. Right before he left my sight, He looked me right in the eye and said," Oh, I forgot: Nyx, In two years, I will make you care about me. That's a promise."

For the first time since I met him, he didn't smile. His features were contorted into a fiery determination.

To this day, I still can't decipher whether it was a promise, or a threat.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I sat up immediatly, breathing uneven clutching my belly. For a moment, I hated myself. I hated myself for not grabbing him that moment and never letting go. I also hated myself for not running the moment that hand grabbed the door. Run until I was somehere safe.

I must have made some racket because Jer was eyeing the mirror, staring at me.

"Whats going on?"

My earlier theories hit me hard, and seeing Jer like this, made me curl up into a small ball in the corner of the sedan, placing my head between my knees.

"Kitty, what's wrong?"

I was thrown to the other side of the sedan as we swerved into a small abandoned dirt road. The car was turned off and the cool Ohio air embraced my figure as Jer opened the back door. I jumped to the opposite side of the car. Jer slowly extended his arm toward me, and I felt myself cringe.

What if he changed his mind? What if he was sick of humouring me?

The thoughts paralyzed me. I've got to stay strong. For myself. For my baby. Despite my bold thoughts, I whimpered. Jer made a move toward me and I closed my eyes, before something horrible could unfold. I felt arms circle around me, and I trembled. The arms were more like warm towers, made to protect me. I melted into them, savouring the moment. He repeated kind words, calling me kitty. I liked that.All my doubts dissolved like cotton candy. Warm breath carressed my ear, tickling it. I giggled at the comforting feel. What felt like two minutes, he pushed me until he held me at arms length and looked me dead in the eye, completely serious.

"We need to talk."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

ok another chapter uploaded :) it's not very good, but I needed to get some info out quick. anyhoo TRIVIA: Panem the place they all live, where they are told that it is the only place on Earth, ad those who know better, also know it's illegal and impossible to leave.

please comment vote or like ;) thank you all!!