[6]

Smoke was once again blown onto her face.

  She smiled up at him. "Hey, Cig."

  "Hey, Rainy."

  He stared at her for a while, which made her wonder what he was thinking. And she couldn't help but think: did he think she was pretty?

  Of course, she knew she wasn't the most beautiful girl in the world. But she wouldn't call herself ugly either. She liked to think of herself as average.

  In his eyes, though, she was incredibly beautiful.

  "So, " he gestured toward her book. "Are you finished skimming yet?"

  She looked down at her book and shrugged. "Not entirely. I think I'll just start reading already."

  "Hm. Well, when you're finished, you can tell me how it ends."

  "Deal, " she grinned. He gave her a small smile before leaning his head back on the tree, closing his eyes.

  Taking advantage of the moment, she let herself look at him.

  He had long, jet black hair that fell over his forehead. His jaw was sharp and made his face look very masculine. Along with broad shoulders, he also had a prominent Adam's apple that was currently bobbing.

  Since his sleeves were rolled up, the veins in his arms were visible from his biceps to his knuckles. His legs were long but structured. Overall, he was quite attractive.

She cleared her throat, returning her attention back to her book. She began reading the first chapter and became so transfixed by the book, she didn't notice him staring at her.

His eyes trailed down to her long, dark, dirty blonde hair to her legs. She, he thought, was the most gorgeous person he had ever laid eyes on.

Her sharp collarbones, her sleek hair, her little hands, her tanned skin, her adorable face, and her full lips...

He couldn't imagine anyone more stunning than her.

And as she read, he smiled at her concentrated expression. Everything about her made his heart skip a beat.

She made him happy, without even knowing it. Because of that, he couldn't let her go.

He never wanted to let her go.