[11]

As soon as she spotted him walking towards her, she shot up and put her hands behind her back. The grin on her face didn't fade, it couldn't.

"Why are you looking so chipper today?" he asked when he stopped in front of her.

She laughed. "Chipper is such a funny word."

His heart ached at the sound of her joyous laughter. Music, absolute music. The kind that gave you goose bumps and filled your mind with happiness.

  He smiled softly. "What's up with you, Rainy?"

  "Choose a number between one and ten!"

  "Random but okay, " he paused. "I choose 8."

  "Why that number?" she cocked her head to the side in curiosity.

  He blushed profusely and scratched the back of his neck. He didn't know he would have to explain.

  "Well, um..."

  She raised an eyebrow at him. "Was it just a random number or...?"

  "No, um, I chose it for a reason, " he cleared his throat. "The 8, if you turn it sideways, looks like an infinity sign and that was the first thing I thought of..."

  When I was looking at you, he thought to himself.

  "Wow, Cig. I'm impressed, " she smiled at him and he felt his heart beat faster.

  Oh, God, that smile...

  "Um, thank...thank you, " he stammered.

She nodded, excited. "No problem."

"Why'd you ask me to choose a number?" he asked and she shrugged.

"For fun, " she grinned. "Now, close your eyes and give me your hands."

"Excuse me?"

"Oh, sorry. Close your eyes and give me your hands, please."

"No, not that, " he chuckled lightly. "Why do I have to close my eyes and give you my hands?"

"I can't tell you!" she exclaimed as she barely held in her eagerness.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Why not?"

"That'll ruin the surprise!"

"Surprise?" His eyebrows now rose in shock.

"Yes! So, close your eyes and give me your hands, please!"

Slowly, he did as she ordered.

A few seconds later, he felt something heavy in his left hand and something cold in his right hand.

"Okay. Now you can sit down and open your eyes, " she murmured and he nodded.

He sat on the grass and looked at the items in his hand. Then, he chuckled.

"Really, Rainy?"