[19]

A/N: hello, everyone!

Happy Valentine's Day! This chapter and all of the ones to come are my presents to all of you :) . Remember, guys, Valentine's Day is not only for couples. It's a day for love! Meaning: family, friends, pets, and food too!

Anyway, this chapter's dedication is to angie_p0p because I'm pretty sure she has been here from day 1 of Slow Suicide! You've been on this journey with me for so long and I appreciate that so much. You comment, vote, and make my poor little heart so happy.

  Thank you, angie_p0p !! Have a happy Valentine's Day!

  Don't worry, though. You're all my valentines <3 .
  —

  "Buongiorno, Rainy! Come stai?" he slowly asked her, reciting the line he had been studying for her.

  She gave him a small smile, although it looked forced. "Bene, grazie."

  "Are you sure?" he reached for her hand.

  She gazed down at their fingers interlocked and didn't answer him.

  "Rainy, " he gently lifted her chin up to look into her eyes. Her eyes were filled with tears, one already rolling down her cheek. "Hey, don't cry. Come on."

  When he held her, she let herself break in his arms. She let her tears fall freely and her feelings burst. Her knees went weak but he grasped onto her.

  "Shh, it's okay. I got you, " he whispered in her ear.

"Cig, " she cried and he pulled back, holding her hands.

"What's wrong, Rainy? You can tell me."

She looked up at him, her lip quivering. "I'm tired, Cig. I'm so tired..."

"Of what?"

  "Everything, " she sniffled. "I'm just tired, Cig."

  "Okay, beautiful. I understand. Come on, " he sat down and gently placed her in his lap. Once they were in a comfortable position, she let out a sigh.

  "I'm sorry."

  He furrowed his eyebrows, confused. "For what?"

  "For crying on you, " she smiled sheepishly.

  "You can cry on me anytime. Just...try to avoid snot, please, " he joked and she laughed.

  She wiped her tears from her cheeks and took in a deep breath.

  The afternoon light was shining perfectly on her face. He couldn't help but gaze at her beauty.

  "You're so beautiful, Rainy, " he murmured, taking her by surprise.

  A chuckle escaped from her. "Even when I'm crying?"

  "Always, " he replied and her heart fluttered. A smile took over her face, as did his.

  Slowly but surely, she leaned towards him and pressed a kiss to his lips. He grinned, cupping her face as he returned the kiss.

  Their lips moved in sync and their hearts raced. It felt like they were in their own little world, practically breathing their happiness and love.

Every single kiss between them was simply magical.

They stopped to breathe and he leaned his forehead on hers. She smiled when they locked eyes.

"You're beautiful too, " she said to him.

He tilted his head back and laughed. "Thank you, Rainy."

"You're welcome, Cig, " she chuckled as he rubbed circles on her hands.

He planted a small kiss on her forehead before they laid against each other again. They talked until the sun set and the moon appeared.

Every time he was around, her insecurities and issues vanished. With each smile, her happiness grew. And their kisses only fueled their love.

But when it was time to go home...

When they had to separate and follow their own paths.

When he was no longer with her.

When he wasn't holding her hand or saying little things that made her heart throb...

All of her happiness hid and her sadness returned.

She wanted to scream and run back to him. She didn't want to feel pain, she didn't want to feel sad. She needed his love but he didn't know.

And she couldn't tell him.

Because it hurt. It hurt to say, especially to him.

She was so tired.

All she wanted was to be happy.

With him.