[15]

Her mood was still dampened. She would smile a little more but not as much as she used to.

  "Rainy?" he called when he gathered up his courage.

  "Hm?"

  He gulped nervously. "You're acting differently, Rainy. Is...is it because of what I said? What I said when you asked why I s–"

  "No, " she cut him off. "It's not your fault, Cig."

  "Then, whose fault is it?" he questioned, which made her frown.

  "My own, Cig. My own, " she muttered.

  His expression softened at her beautiful face. He understood what she meant. For he blamed himself often, but for some reason, he blamed himself less these days.

Since he knew what she was experiencing, he came up with a way to make her feel better.

"Come on, " he held her hand and lead her deeper into the park.

She loved his touch, his hands holding hers ever so gently. It made her feel happy inside, even when she wasn't before.

He stopped in front of a very tall tree, perhaps the tallest in the park. She watched him reach for a thick branch and pull himself up to it. After taking a deep breath, he looked down at her, his blue eyes shining.

"Come on, Rainy. Having fun with you definitely beats having fun by myself, " he grinned at her, reaching down for her hand.

A smile spread across her face and she laughed. "Okay, Cig."

Step by step they went. He kept throwing her playful smirks, which made her laugh every time. Then, together they reached the top.

  They moved the leaves away and she gasped.

  "Cig!" she exclaimed, her eyes wide as she looked around. "Oh, wow! You can see almost everything from up here!"

  "Do you like it?"

  "That would be an understatement. I love it."

  Leaning into him, she sighed happily. "Thank you so much, Cig."

  "For what?" he mumbled.

  "For taking care of me, " she planted a kiss on his shoulder. "For making me happy."

  She didn't know.

  How his heart just...

  Shattered.

  It overwhelmed him, the adoration and passion for this exquisite girl. He couldn't handle it.

  His heart burned, his skin prickled, his mouth dried, and his brain swirled. He didn't know what to do, he didn't know what was happening.

  When, suddenly, everything stopped.

  He felt numb.

  It was like a feather slowly, slowly floating down. Delicately and beautifully.

  Until it touched the ground, its destination reached.

  That was exactly how he could describe what happened that day.

  That was how he officially fell in love with Rainy.

  And he couldn't be any happier.