[13]

A/N: Pretty sure all of you will like this chapter since it probably made you add my story to your library in the first place... Oh, and new cover! You guys like?

  The following days, they got to know each other a little better.

He discovered that she had an older sister named Katherine. It was clear that they were very close, loving sisters. When he saw the happiness that spread over her face each time they spoke of her, he promised he'd meet her one day.

She discovered that he was an only child and that his mother, who he loved immensely, passed away two years ago.  When she noticed the tears glistening in his eyes, she pulled him into a much needed hug.

They also talked about friends, and how they had plenty back then. But most of them grew apart.

Hobbies, movies, books, songs, singers, colors, food, idols, actors, everything was conversed between them. And they cherished each and every word.

But their favorite...were the memories.

The both of them shared their best moments in life and their worst.

Getting a driver's license.

The first car crash.

First relationship.

First breakup.

Graduation.

Leaving childhood friends.

Birthdays.

Deaths.

Good memories.

Bad memories.

  All a part of who they were today, which led to the current situation.

  As she caught sight of his cigarette pack in his pocket, a question sparked in her mind.

  He was a smoker.

  She asked him why.

  He said it was his slow suicide.

  She sucked in a breath at the word. "Suicide?"

  "Yes, " he whispered, avoiding eye contact.

  "Why?" was the only word that she could manage to say.

"Because I want to let go."

She stared at him with tears in her eyes.

Without any warning, she embraced him.

His throat clogged up and he slowly put his arms around her. All the feelings he had bottled up inside him was shared with her in that hug.

As they lay on the grass, clutching to each other, they could hear their heartbeats. Their heartbeats were lined up, beating together as if they were one.

  He bit his lip. "Rainy?"

  "Yes, Cig?"

  "Um, wha–what would you do if I died?" he blurted and she sighed shakily.

  "I...I would cry, " she whispered as if just the thought hurt her. "Grieve. Pray. Hope that you were okay."

  "But, why?"

   She stayed silent.

  Then, after a minute, she cupped his cheek and kissed his forehead. Her lips lingered there, her eyes closed, and a tear rolled down her cheek.

  On that very day, she knew she felt something more for that boy. And she knew that what she felt was going to last.

  "That's why, " she murmured and he smiled, closing his eyes, savoring the kiss.

  "Thank you."

Slow Suicideजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें