[20]

A/N: GUYS!

SLOW SUICIDE WAS NUMBER 40 A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO AND NOW IT'S 60, WHICH IS STILL AN ACHIEVEMENT FOR ME!

THIS IS REVOLUTIONARY, THIS IS BEAUTIFUL! THANK YOU SO MUCH, EVERYONE!

I'm going to go drown myself in chocolates now and watch Netflix because that's what I deserve and so do you, guys.

The sun was bright, the birds were singing, and his heart was still beating.

  For her.

But, where was she? Why was he alone at their park, at their spot?

Why had he been alone, without her, for an entire week?

Each day that week, he had brought new Italian books and had learned many phrases for her. Whenever he was not wondering and worrying where she was, he practiced for her.

  He dreamt she would come back and he would recite everything he had learned. A beautiful smile would form on her face, brightening his day.

  He hoped and hoped, waited and waited, prayed and prayed...

  Yet she never appeared.

  And when he thought of all the petrifying possibilities of what was happening to her, he wept and wept.

His heart would burn just thinking about her. Oh, how he longed for her. How he missed her.

  He missed her so much, it hurt.

  After an entire day of heartache, he'd reluctantly leave and make his way home. Although she would never leave his mind.

  But today, he stopped at where they usually parted ways.

He turned his head to his direction before turning to her direction. Moments passed as he stared blankly.

In his mind, he was watching her leave him. Hearing her soft footsteps on the sidewalk. The rustle of her clothing. All feelings of joy fading along with her.

Until she disappeared around the corner; into the night.

If he had known that would be the last day he would see her, he would've walked home with her. He would've talked more with her. He would've made her laugh more, made her happier.

Now, he was simply alone.

With only the faint memories to comfort him.

As he continued to stare, his heart thumped in his chest and his breath hitched. He couldn't handle it anymore. He couldn't wait any longer.

So, he walked.

But not towards his home, towards hers.

Slowly and steadily, he went. His mind was like a whirlwind, just spinning and spinning.

The closer he got to her house, the stronger he felt. He missed her so much. He missed her gorgeous smile, her gleeful laugh, her wise words, her warm hugs, her comforting eyes, and her heartwarming kisses.

  He needed her so badly. She made him happy and without her, he couldn't get that feeling. No one could make him feel that way except her.

  Every step he took was for her. His love for her gave him energy to keep walking, to never give up on her. And them.

  "I'm coming for you, Rainy. No matter what, " he muttered under his breath.

  Then, he was there. Right in front of her house.

  The stone pathways, which he had walked on with Rainy in his arms, seemed bigger than before. But he ignored it and continued to her porch. At any moment, he felt as if the ground would swallow him whole.

No matter how fast his heart beat, he wouldn't stop. Finally, he stepped up to her door and took in a deep breath. His hands wouldn't stop shaking.

"Think of Rainy. Think of Rainy, " he repeated to himself while picturing her in his mind. And with renewed confidence, he knocked on the door thrice.

Once again, he hoped and hoped, waited and waited, prayed and prayed...

Until a familiar woman opened the door.

She furrowed her eyebrows. "Um, hello there."

"Uh, h–hi, " he stuttered and she stared at him, searching for any memory of him.

"How can I help you?" she asked awkwardly.

"I...I'm looking for Rainy."

"Rainy?" she wore a perplexed expression before gasping. "Whoa, wait! Are you—no! Wow, you must be! You–you're Cig!"

He rubbed the back of his neck, nodding. "Yeah..."

"Oh my, this is amazing. You're actually Cig, " she smiled. "I've heard so many great things about you from my little sister! Nice to meet you. I'm–"

"Katherine!" he exclaimed suddenly.

  "Yes! Hi!"

  "It's so great to meet you. Rainy speaks very highly of you, " he told her and she grinned.

  "I knew she secretly loved me, " she joked.

  He laughed. "Speaking of, where is she?"

  "What do you mean?" Her eyes widened. "You don't know?"

  "Know what?"

  She sighed before looking into his eyes solemnly. "Rainy is in the hospital."