[8]

Today was most likely the hottest day of the month.

"Cig, I'm going to melt!" she shouted dramatically, setting her book to the side.

  He gave her a cool look. "Are you now?"

  "Yes, I am!" she wiped her forehead. "Or I'm going to die of a heatstroke. Neither of them end well."

  "Agreed."

  Sighing, she looked over at him and gasped. "How are you just sitting there? Do you even feel this heat?"

  "I do but I'm not as affected by it as you, " he shrugged.

  "Teach me your ways!" she groaned, which made him chuckle. "Cig, if I melt, could you put me in a jar and freeze me?"

  He raised an eyebrow at her. "Okay...and what would I do with your frozen remains?"

  "Put it in your room. Somewhere you would be able to see me everyday. That way, you'd never forget about me."

  "Forget about the girl who melted and asked me to freeze her in a jar? That's pretty unforgettable, Rainy, " he grinned when she laughed.

  But he knew she was unforgettable either way. She was one of a kind and he didn't ever want to forget her pretty personality or her pretty face.

  "Do you promise to do that if I melt?"

  "I don't know..." he teased her.

  She pouted. "Please? I would do the same for you!"

  "Would you, really? Oh, how generous of you!" he said sarcastically and she moved closer to him.

  "Pretty please?" she gave him the puppy dog eyes. "Pretty, pretty, pretty please?"

  Every time she said pretty made him think of her. It was frustrating for him because he couldn't take his eyes off of her.

  "Fine. I promise I'll freeze your remains and keep them in my room."

  "Thank you, Cig! You're so nice," she poked his arm playfully.

  Jolts ran through his arm and his body as she smiled at him.

  He cleared his throat, nodding. "No problem."

  "Ah, " she sighed. "I feel relieved. Now, I can melt in peace."

  A chuckle escaped from him, which made her smile even wider. He made her heart go places she never went before with anyone.

  And she made him feel. Feel things he had never felt before with anyone.

  Overall, they made each other happy. Sweet happiness was what they had.

  What more could they ask for?

  "Ice cream!"

  The famous tune of the ice cream truck sounded through the park. She jumped excitedly and reached in her pockets for money.

Slow SuicideOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara