#183 The first time you hold hands - Louis

Louis: He was just a friend of a friend of a friend. You met him at a party once and then suddenly he was always there. It was a particularly bad day, the weight of the world growing too heavy on your chest, shoulders, mind. The sky was dark and the stars sparkled overhead as you sipped at the beer in your hands, regretting each new taste of it because it was just adding to the crushing weight on you. "Hi." Someone sat down beside you, his hair longer than the last time you'd seen him, but his eyes were still as sparkly and his jaw was covered in stubble. "You look lonely, what are you thinking about?" He smiled and that was all that it took for you to finally crack, to start crying, and blubbering on drunkenly about everything that had been bothering you. Louis sat there through it all, maybe because he was listening or because he just didn't want to awkwardly get up and leave, but the point is that he stayed and when you were done, with tears still wet on your cheeks, he reached over, sliding his fingers with yours and wiping your tears away with his other hand. Murmuring comforting words to you for the rest of the night until the last of that unbearable weight finally lifted.