#269 "I Need You" - Harry

HARRY: "Look at me, kitten." You finally did as you were asked, and looked deeply into his worried green eyes. "There ya go. Don't look away. I gotcha, pretty girl, I gotcha."

You could hear the sirens in the background, blaring to your aid, only a few miles away. You were faintly aware of the throbbing ache in your leg, but nothing seemed in focus except for his beautiful eyes.

"Stay with me, sweetie. Stay with me." You felt yourself nod, and relax as a warm, large, hand cupped you cheek, blocking your view of the wreckage and the rest of your body.

His free hand took yours and gently pressed circles into the unharmed skin on your knuckles.

You wanted so badly to assess the damage and see what had happened, why part of you was numb and the other was in a searing, but fading, pain.

You turned your head feebly, struggling to see, as he tenderly tilted your chin back up to meet his eyes once again.

"No, kitten. Here. Look here. You're okay. It's okay. We're getting help for ya, but I need you to just look at me, yeah?"

You began to get scared, there was something like concern behind those pretty green eyes.

"Hey, hey, now, don't cry. Shh, pretty girl." His thumb absent mindedly swiped the tears that you were unaware had escaped.

You were shaking by now, memories distantly flashing through your mind, eyes wide as you struggled to stay conscious.

"Beautiful, no, no, it's okay, they're gone, you're fine, shhh now..."

With great care, he delicately pulled you into his arms, and you yelped as he accidentally hit your leg.

You strained to see, but he wouldn't let you. "Here, babe, here." He gently reminded you.

He stayed with you for several long minutes, keeping you from panicking after looking at your wounds, until the ambulance finally reached you.

He was aware that you would have hurt yourself further if you had seen your hurt body and fainted or freaked out.

He was a hero...your hero.