Leaving for Hogwarts

Skye's P.O.V.

The last few days of the holidays passed all too quickly and before we knew it, it was the night before we had to leave for school, and Mrs. Weasley was nagging at us to pack our bags now and not in the morning. I sighed and headed up to the room I was sharing with Ginny. Hermione and Annabeth were in the room next to us. I half-heartedly threw some of my things into my open trunk before collapsing onto the bed.

'Packing too hard for you?' Ginny asked, half mocking, half sympathetic. I grimaced at her and was about to make a smart reply when I heard her say, 'Oh, hi Charlie. Did you want something?'

I sat up, looked around and caught sight of him lounging against the door frame. I was slightly confused by the fact that he hadn't returned to Romania after Harry's party, but he explained that he wanted to see us off at the train station.

'Could I have a word with Skye?' he asked, in a kinda nervous voice.

'Sure' Ginny said, 'I was going to get some stuff from downstairs any way'. She trotted off down the stairs and Charlie came and sat down on the bed next to me.

'Hi' I said brightly. He didn't reply, but he nodded, whilst looking down at the bed.

'School tomorrow' I groaned and Charlie sighed but again didn't answer. Feeling slightly awkward because of my failed attempts at conversation, I fiddled with a loose thread on my duvet.

After a few more seconds of weird silence he looked up at me.

'Skye' he started, 'I...'

Just at that moment, Ron and Harry came upstairs and into my room, talking loudly. 'Mum says dinner's ready...' Ron trailed off as he saw Charlie's expression, which looked thunderous.

'I have to go and finish packing. I leave for Romania after you guys get on the train.' he said abruptly. He then practically ran from the room.

'What the bloody hell was all that about?' Ron gaped at the place where his older brother had been standing.

I shook my head, 'I have no idea.'

During dinner, Charlie sat as far away from me as possible. Feeling confused and a bit hurt, I hardly listened to a word of Hermione, Annabeth and Ginny's conversation, occasionally saying things like 'Yeah', 'right', 'Of course' and so I jumped when Hermione mentioned my name.

'Skye, have you listened to a single word I've said?' Hermione asked exasperatedly. I didn't say anything, but my face turned bright red, which was answer enough.

'We were talking about what house Percy and I might be in' Annabeth explained, 'We were wondering what you thought.'

'Oh' I said, 'Well, you're really smart, so you might be in Ravenclaw, but after what you told us about your quests and stuff, you both seem really brave, so you might get into Gryffindor with us.'

Annabeth blushed a little, but seemed pleased with what I had told her. We carried on talking about how Hogwarts might have changed since the battle, making me almost forget about Charlie's odd behaviour. Almost.

Later that night however, my mind was free to wander and I kept replaying what he had said in my head. He had obviously been about to confess something that he didn't want the others to hear, and from the furious look on his face when Ron interrupted him, he desperately wanted me to know. Urgh, guys were so complicated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't remember falling asleep but before I knew it, Ginny was roughly shaking me awake. Chickens were squawking in the yard and Mrs. Weasley's yells could be heard all over the house. By the sounds of it, Ron had been levitating his trunk down the stairs when it had hit Hermione, who had been running up to find Crookshanks.

I laughed, but then remembered that I hadn't finished packing my trunk. Cursing, I leapt out of bed and pulled on my jeans, a shirt and a hoodie, before frantically throwing my belongings into my trunk. It was so messy and full that it took five of us (Ginny, George, Harry, Ron and I) sitting on it before I was finally able to snap the clasps shut. I levitated it down the stairs and into the living room, where it joined the large pile of luggage that Mr. Weasley was hauling into the boots of some ministry hire cars.

I ran back upstairs to fetch my owl, Moyen, whom the Weasleys had looked after whilst we were in America. He gave me a disgruntled look, but consented to hop into his cage. I carried him down and placed him in the boot of one of the cars, before clambering in next to Ginny and Harry. Ron was in the front seat and to my surprise Annabeth was driving.

'You can drive? I asked, impressed.

'Yup' she replied. 'I can drive helicopters too'

'Just', Percy added, as he climbed into the elongated back seat next to me. I laughed as the car rumbled into motion. However, we were back in a few seconds so I could collect my broomstick (a Nimbus 2001), Harry could grab his Weasley Wizard Wheezes gifts from George (which he thought would come in useful) and Hermione could fetch her little bead bag, which contained her mobile library. Because of this, by the time we reached the station, with just fifteen minutes to spare, Mrs. Weasley was not in the best of moods. I ran through the wall with Charlie and then clambered onto the train to dump my stuff and bag us a compartment.

I then sprinted back onto the platform to say goodbye to Mrs. Weasley and the others. George wished us all luck with the work, again expressing his joy that he hadn't been asked to repeat his last year, which he had missed after escaping Umbridge. We all laughed and just as I was about to board the train again, Charlie called my name. He sounded urgent so I jogged over to where he was standing, slightly apart from the other Weasleys.

'Hey, what's up?' I asked. 'The trains going to leave any minute now.' As if to prove my point, the five minute warning whistle sounded throughout the platform. Without saying anything, Charlie pulled me into a hug. He then tilted my face up towards his and kissed me. Completely shocked, I just stood there not kissing him back, and when he pulled away, I stared at him.

'Skye, come on!' I heard Ginny call my name from the train but I ignored her and said 'Charlie, what on earth-?'

'Go' he muttered, you'll be late.'

'Skye!' Ginny yelled again. I turned around and sprinted towards the train, only just getting on in time before the train started to pull away from the platform. I turned back to look for Charlie, but he had vanished. I waved to the rest of the Weasleys until I could no longer see them. Then Ginny said, 'What on earth was that about? Did Charlie just kiss you?'

I nodded mutely, still shocked at what had just happened. I had never thought as Charlie as anything more than a brother, but this was obviously what he had been trying to tell me last night. Ginny took my wrist and led me to the compartment where I had left my things. I saw Harry, Ron, Annabeth, Percy and Hermione through the glass and suddenly stopped.

'Ginny' I whispered, even though the others couldn't have possibly heard me. 'Please don't tell any one'.

'I won't' She promised, looking very serious. I smiled shakily at her and she smiled back, before pushing open the door to join the others.

********************************************************************************************************

AN: ooh yet more drama in Skye's already complicated love life, poor Nico ;) Please don't forget to comment and vote :D I was thinking about doing one of those 'reading the book' stories, where the HP characters read the HP books. If I did would you guys read it? please tell me so I know and enjoy the next chapter xx