Remember Me

Harry's P.O.V.

I watched nervously as Nico began preparations for summoning the zombie spirits. Suddenly he went completely rigid and several cracks appeared in the ground. Skeletal hands pushed through the dirt and hoisted up skeletal bodies, covered in greying skin, which seemed almost transparent in the darkening light. I shuddered, these zombies reminded me uncomfortably of inferi, even though I knew they were on our side.

'Ron,' I said quietly, beckoning him over. 'Protect Nico at all costs. If it gets too dangerous tell him to release the spirits, I can't have either of you getting hurt.'

Ron nodded, his face extremely pale but i saw a determined glint in his eye. The Death Eaters were going to pay.

Making sure Nico and Ron were reasonably hidden from the Death Eaters I gathered the others around me. I turned first to Ginny, grasping bot her hands in mine. 'When we get in there you have to find Sally and apparate her to the Burrow as quickly as possible. She's not safe here.'

Ginny nodded, wearing the same determined glare as Ron. I kissed her softly on the cheek before turning to Annabeth.

'Go with her,' I told Annabeth. 'Help Her get to Sally and then when she's gone, join with Skye and Percy and make your way back to us. Take out as many Death Eaters as you can but remember, Greyback must not be allowed to escape.' Annabeth gave me a weak smile and I turned finally to Hermione.

'Be careful. I'll have your back but if we get separated try and get to Greyback. Get those children out of here before he transforms.' Hermione embraced me in a shaky hug.

'I've got your back too' she said softly and I smiled in gratitude.

'Let’s go save Sally,' I said, more bravely than I felt, and together we watched the zombie spirits charge into the warehouse. When we heard screams and yells begin to echo from inside we followed them. What met us was total carnage.

Ginny's P.O.V.

Skeletons were attacking Death Eaters left right and centre and the Death Eaters seemed helpless, unable to kill the skeletons with the killing curse. I set off for the room where Sally was being held, Annabeth hot on my heels. As I passed I heard a huge boom and span around to find the source of the noise. One of the skeletons had been blasted apart, the bones crumbling into a fine dust and then blowing away on a breeze that came from nowhere. The room fell silent until one of the Death Eaters yell, 'Use Reducto!'

Then the fight began again in earnest, the Death Eaters now evenly matched with the spirits. I saw Harry and Hermione dive into the fray and whispered a quick, 'I love you' at Harry's vanishing figure. Then Annabeth was dragging me through a door where Percy and Skye stood waiting with Sally Jackson.

'Good luck,' I yelled as I grabbed Sally's hand and span on the spot, apparating us away from the battle and top the safety of the burrow. When I could see again I was standing in the kitchen and was immediately embraced by Mum, followed in quick succession by Dad and all of my present brothers, which included George, Bill and Charlie; Percy was still teaching at Hogwarts.

I led a shaking Sally to the living room and she collapsed into a sofa, where Mum began looking at her wounds and Dad fetched some coffee. Not being able to bear just sitting here I gave my mother a quick hug and apparated back to the battle. I found the first Death Eater I could and we started a ferocious duel.

Hermione's P.O.V.

I followed Harry, plunging into the battle. At some point the Death Eaters must have figured out how to destroy the Skeletons, not something we had prepared for. Sometime later I caught sight of Ron and Nico run into the battle, meaning that all of the skeletons must have been destroyed. I could only hope that they had given us enough of a head start on the Death Eaters for us to come out victorious. I gradual moved my way down the hall, cursing and stunning death eaters as I went and finally I found myself in front of Greyback's deserted throne; he must have been fighting somewhere in the battle. There was a group of about five small children sitting in front of it, apparently petrified with fear, two girls and three boys.

I knelt down in front of them and reached out my hand to one of the boys, realising that it was little Anton Creevey. He flinched away from my hand and I stifled a sob, what awful things had Greyback and his Death eaters done to them? Then Anton seemed to recognise me for he launched himself at me and wrapped his arms around my body. I returned the hug, holding him close until he stopped shaking. Then I called to the other children and began leading them out of the warehouse, dodging Death Eaters, curses and flying bodies. We were almost at the door when I saw, almost in slow motion, a bolt of green light fly out of the melee and hit Anton in the chest. I screamed but no one could hear me over the sound of the battle. I picked up the tiny body and, along with the other children, we managed to flee from the warehouse and into the darkening street outside.

Falling to my knees I stared at the corpse in my arms, tears pouring down my cheeks. I pushed his eyes shut and tried to block out the terrible pain in my heart. I turned to the other children who were staring at me in horror.

‘Obliviate,’ I whispered, pointing my wand at them. They could not be allowed to remember this evening. When they blinked groggily I yelled, ‘Run, get away from here!’

Not even waiting a second, the four remaining children fled home, disappearing into the dark. Just then I heard a horrible scream from inside the warehouse.

Skye's P.O.V.

After ginny had disapparated, Annabeth, Percy and I had run back in to join the battle. I didn't know how much time had passed, it was just a blur of incantations and curses, filled with the ever present threat of Greyback's transformation. I heard a faint scream and thought I recognised it as Hermione but before I could do anything I heard a terrible scream, an animalistic noise that shook me to my very core. There was a widening circle in the center of the room and in the middle of it stood a shaking Fenrir greyback, another howl ripping from his lips. Realising that the transformation was begining, I saw the Death Eaters fleeing, not wanting to be around when the murdeous wolf emerged. I advanced slowly, keeping my wand held high in front of me and after a final shuddering scream a werewolf stood infront of me, panting heavily. I raised my wand, intending to stupify the beast, but before I could do anything a lightening quick paw had swiped the wand from my grasp.

I screamed, trying to back away but it was too late. The werewolf advanced on me too quickly to react and suddenly there was a shoting pain and everything went black.

Nico's P.O.V.

I was barely thinking when I saw the wolf slash at Skye. In a daze of fear and hate I drew my sword and leapt across the room, plunging it into the creature's unprotected side whilst it was still distracted with Skye. With a huge shudder the werewolf went limp and collapsed on the floor. It didn't crumble away into dust like I expected it to but that wasn't the thing most demanding my attention. I turned to Skye and almost fainted at what I saw. Blood was covering everything, spreading in an ever widening pool on the floor around where she had been scratched.

And here Hades' heir must face his fear

As he takes his final breath,

To be lost or saved by the arms of Death.

I suddenly understood. It was so simple. my greatest fear was losing Skye, the only girl besides Bianca that I had ever loved and she was dying before my very eyes. So it was easy. To face my fear, I would sacrifice my life for Skye's. Simple.

'Spirits of the Underworld,' I whispered. 'As the Son of Death I use the powers I posses to order you to take my soul in the place of Skye Jackson's. I will die today, not her.'

'We will do your bidding master,' The ghostly whispers came back to me.

I slowly fell to the ground. In a haze of darkness and blurred outlines I heard Skye's laboured breathing slowly ease and return to normal. Then my eyes flickered shut. Before I lost conciousness forever I whispered my last words, 'I love you, Skye Jackson. Remember me.'

************************************************************************************************************

So I finally uploaded, what d'ya think? It took me forever but please don't forget to vote and comment because those few words keep me going :) Thank you wonderful readers!!

Half-blood is thicker than magic? (A percy jackson/harry potter fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें