Irish Charm

• Dedicated to Nico and Charlie lovers :)

Hi loyal readers, this chapter is dedicated to all those who are finding it hard to choose between Nico and Charlie!! I'm so sorry for the horrendously long wait!! I've been so busy with mocks, concerts and homework. Here's the next chapter, enjoy...

***********************************************************************************************************

I slumped down in a seat next to Harry. Hermione, who was sitting opposite, noticed my shocked face, but she said nothing. I smiled thankfully at her and realised that my hands were shaking. I took a few deep breaths before smiling determinedly and entered the other's conversation. They were dicussing who they thought would return this year.

'Neville probably' said Harry.

'Yeah' agreed Ron, 'I'd be surprised if his grandmother let him stay at home'. I laughed lightly. I had met Neville's terrifying grandmother once. Never Again. I was just about to ask about Seamus and Dean, when I heard loud voices coming from outside the door. One spoke with an Irish accent and was saying, 'I've told you before, and I'm telling you again! Quidditch is better...' He was interuppted by the second voice which replied, 'Trust me! Football is better, just because you don't fly around whilst playing...'

I grinned as Ron opened the door to find Seamus and Dean engaged in their eternal arguement about which sport was better. As soon as Seamus saw who was in the compartment, he said 'Harry, Skye, Ron, Ginny, tell Dean that Quidditch is better!' Dean, realising that he'd just walked into the compartment filled with the craziest quidditch nuts ever, sighed in defeat and slumped against the doorway in mock agony. 

Seamus whooped. Just then he caught sight of Annabeth and his eyes lit up. I hadn't really noticed before, but she was actually really pretty. She had told me the other day that she and Percy had a thing and so I knew that Seamus' attempt to charm her would fail. This would be fun to watch. He smoothed back his hair and flashed a smile at her.

'Hi!' he said brightly, switching on the Irish charm in his voice, which I had fallen for in my fourth year. (We had dated for a bit, but decided that we were better as friends). I grinned as he said, 'Me name's Seamus, what's yours?'

Surprisingly, Annabeth giggled before replying.

'Annabeth' Seamus repeated, savouring the word and smiling. 'What a name. It's almost as beautiful as your eyes'.

Cheesy much! I face palmed as Percy, who had turned bright red, coughed loudly. His fists were clenched and the bottle of water on the seat next to him was broiling like sea waves in a storm. His green eyes flashed as Seamus realised his mistake. The unfourtunate boy glanced desperately at Dean for back up, but his best mate was laughing so hard, he had to cling to the door frame for support.

Annabeth blushed and crossed the compartment to sit next to Percy, who put his arm around her, scowling at Seamus but still managing to look smug.

I sighed, boys were so immature. Annabeth on the other hand was blushing and giggling like a crazy person. I sighed again and turned to Dean. 'Do you guys have a compartment?'

'Yeah, we're sharing with Parvarti and Padma.' I noticed that he blushed slightly when he said Pavarti's name and I smiled. They would be so cute together.

'Come on Seamus, let's go' Dean grinned, pulling his friend into the corridor. 'See you guys later', he called back.

A chorus of 'byes' and 'see ya's followed him as he went. No sooner had the pair left, however, than we caught sight of another 8th year boy who had returned. There was no mistaking that blonde hair.

'No way!' spat Ron with disgust. 'He has the nerve to come back here after what he did last year?'

Malfoy had obviously realised that someone was talking about him, for he stopped walking and turned to face us. When he saw who it was, he dropped his gaze and made to keep walking. Ron however, was outraged.

'Oi Malfoy!' He yelled down the corridor. Draco slowly turned again and leant against the side of the train.

'Yes?' He said slowly. I was shocked, his voice held none of its former arrogance and he seemed almost scared of Ron. I felt sort of sorry for him but Ron didn't notice any of this. He was too busy yelling at Draco.

'You've got some nerve coming back here, after everything your family did last year!' he fumed. Draco said nothing and stared at the floor, silently enduring Ron's tirade. When Ron had spluttered into silence, Draco looked up slowly, looked Ron in the eye, and quietly replied, 'Just because my family were wrong, it does not mean I was happy with what they were doing.' He continued quickly before Ron could say anything more. 'Even though they supported the Dark Lord, it does not mean my education should suffer. I am here to learn, not to cause trouble.'

Ron made a sarcastic noise in the back of his throat, but before he could say anymore, Hermione pulled him back into the compartment, muttering, 'Leave him'. We all sat down, Ron still seething, but Harry excused himself to go to the loo. Ron nodded, not really listening, but I saw from Harry's face that he was really going to talk to Malfoy. Fine, I didn't care.

Harry returned soon, looking confused and sad, but his mood soon lifted, along with Ron's, at the arrival of the food trolley. Everyone gorged themselves, especially Percy, who was itching to try all of the magical world's food, and the rest of the journey passed pleasantly. We saw many people from our year and Ginny's year, including Luna, Neville and Ernie Macmillan, who was eager to talk to Harry. We changed into our robes and soon the lights of Hogsmead station could be seen shining through the dark. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach, although Luna would have said they were nargels or something. I couldn't wait to see Hogwarts after the battle. It finally felt like we were going home.