Herbology and explosives

Skye's P.O.V.

I caught up with the others and we set off for the greenhouses.

"What exactly is herbology?" asked Percy curiously.

Ron gave him a deadly serious look and said 'The only thing that may save your life.'

Percy looked slightly nervous but Annabeth rolled her eyes, 'Yeah right.'

'I'm Serious' Ron said, mock offended.

'Turns out that me listening in herbology actually did save our lives in first year though' Hermione chipped in, leaving Annabeth shocked and making me smirk.

'Come in then chaps' called Sprout, who was waiting outside for us. The lesson passed quickly, we were tending to the new mandrake shoots and I actually enjoyed herbology, so I didn't mind. I worked quietly with Neville and Hermione, proceeding far quicker than Harry and Ron, who still struggled with the ugly plants. I grinned, wiping a speck of mud off my nose and gestured to our perfectly potted mandrakes.

'Oh shut up' grumbled Ron.

'Didn't say anything' I smirked, making everyone laugh.

After Sprout had let us out, we crashed underneath the huge beach tree by the lake. No one said anything and we relaxed in the last of the sunshine that we'd get this year. Picking up our things again, we headed to the dungeons for Potions. Slughorn was still teaching, but he was so old that he could barely control the overlarge class. I got on with the potion that was on the blackboard but gave it up as a lost hope after Ron managed to drop a bottle of Grindylow blood into my couldren, causing the mixture to turn from shimmering purple to a dark sticky tar-like substance.

I had just turned and begun slotting my books into my bag when a huge explosion caused the class to fall silent. Percy was peering out through a thick cloud of smoke and his eyebrows were completely singed off. Annabeth let out a shriek of laughter, setting off a chain reaction of snorts and giggles throughout the class. I sighed and chuckled to myself. As I glanced round the room, I caught sight of Malfoy, who (to my surprise) was not laughing. He was silently finishing his potion and ladeling a sample into a vial. He vanished the remnants of the potion in his couldren and set off for Slughorn's desk. Just as he reached it someone bumped into him. I saw the small vial of shimmering potion fly out of his hand and smash against the opposite wall. Then Malfoy, instead of yelling at the person, just shook his head, sighed and walked away. I gaped at him but thankfully he didn't see me.

Suddenlt I felt a hard poke in my arm, 'Oi, Slughorn said the lessons over, lets go!' Ron yelled over the noise of the chattering class. I nodded and swung my bag over my should, trying to push Draco out of my mind.

Seeing as the lesson had been a double period, we headed up to the Great Hall for lunch.

__________________________________________________________________________

AN: Sorry, very short I know, but good things come in little packages and I am really busy with music and school at the moment. Don't forget to vote and comment xx