chapter one

Today is a new day, today is a new day. I reminded myself. You're gonna get yourself a nice apartment and not have to worry about taking what's not yours. You'll be comfortable. Once I assured myself everything was gonna be okay I finished packing the last of my clothes.

"Chloe c'mon your brother is expecting you soon." My mother called up the stairs. Today I was moving in to a flat near my brothers. The complex wad close to his.

"Yeah hold on." I paused my music and grabbed my little belongings. The rest of them were on their way to London.

"Ooh Chloe i'm gonna miss you." My mom pulled me in for a hug and started crying.

"Mom, i'm moving to London. It's not that far." I tried reasoning with her but she's a mother out of the house is too far. "It's not like i'm leaving the UK." I defended.

"I know." She held me out by my shoulder. "Stay safe." She said wiping a tear.

"Bye mom!" I shouted as I left the house. I got into my car and immediately plugged in my aux cord.

"Oh my god Vegas is on!" I exclaimed to myself. I started singing as loud as I could, not ashamed at all that I looked the way I did.

I started to get upset from thinking about a past experience and decided to change the band.

I know you like State Champs. I thought to myself.

I smiled away the tears and unlocked my phone to find my State Champs playlist. What's your favourite song of theirs? I asked myself.

I decided on Small Talk and let the rest of the songs play on their own afterward.

I was staying in Cal's aprtment for a while until my stuff showed up. Mom was giving me most of the stuff from the basement. It wasn't a lot but it was something. Some family photos, decorations a small dining table. Like I said it wasn't a lot.

I was going to have to do a lot of shopping when I got there.

I walked to my boot and pulled out my bags and started heading to the flat number my brother gave me.

"Hello and welcome to my bachelor pad." I looked up to see who was speaking and saw a decently tall blonde boy. I always freak when meeting new people.

"Shut the fuck up Chip."

As soon as I heard Cal's voice I jumped into his arms.

"Cal!" I screamed. "Ugh! I've missed you so much." I said.

"I wish I could say the same." He teased. I made him drop me and I hit his arm.

"Chloe this is Chip, Chip this is Chloe." He put his hand out to shake and I reluctantly shook it.

"Hi Chloe." He smiled.

"Hi Chip." I breathed out nervously.

Cal lead me into his back room where there was two other guys. "That's Harry." He pointed to a younger dirty blonde boy. "And that's Cal." He said pointing to a another blonde haired boy who was next to Harry.

"Hi Cal, hi Harry." I greeted them. "Where am I staying?" I whispered to Cal.

"You don't have to whisper. I guarentee the boys are weirder than you." He said back. "You'll be staying in my room. I'll take the couch." He said to me.

"No." I told him. "That's your room. I'll take the couch. It's just two days." He seemed to think it was okay at first then he denied.

"Exactly it's just two days. I'll be fine. Plus you're the only girl in the flat you'll need privacy." I finally settled knowing he wouldn't back down. I just really hated taking things from people. It felt rude.

"Let's go set your bags down." I followed him to his room and set my bags down. It wasn't that bad surprisingly.

"Now let's go out." He said leaving the room again. "Who wants to go to Nandos?" Cal asked everyone.

They all agreed excitedly and we fit into one of their cars. "Did you invite the rest of the guys?" Harry asked.

"Hell no." Cal said. "It always get's horrible when we're all here."

"True especially with JJ." The other Cal pointed out. Everyone laughed and Cal turned on the radio.

Ellie Goulding's Love Me Like You Do came on and instinctively I started singing. "Your voice is quite nice." Chip complimented leaning on the door.

"I-um-oh thanks." I stuttered over my words. I turned and looked out my window to avoid awkwardness.

When we were seated I was in between the Cals. Chip and Harry were across from me.

"So how old are you?" Chip asked.

"Why?" Cal came in defensively.

"Chill Cal, he's just asking." I turned back to Chip. "I'm Cal's younger sister, so twenty." I finally answered.

Chip had a smile on his face that almost never faded. It intrigued me.