chapter ten

Chip shortly returned to my flat and I let him in. "Are you ready?" He asked.

"Well, I don't know where we're going so how should I know?" I asked him. I grabbed my phone and put it in my purse that I grabbed off the table. "Are all of our dates going to be surprises?"

"You'll just have to find out." He laughed.

"It's hard to hate your right now, but i'll try." I crossed my arms and we exited the building. It was fairly warm every once and a while the wind came through and made it worse but other than that it was good weather.

"Why aren't we driving?" I asked.

"I don't like traffic." He laughed.

"So we're dealing with underground traffic?" We ran across the street together.

"I guess yeah, let's just enjoy the London streets." I brushed my hair out of my face when the wind blew. When we went into the station we saw how crowded it really was.

"Shit." I muttered to myself getting worried. See I was okay in some places but underground stations weren't always my favourite. I could tell Chip heard because he took my hand.

"Let's just try not getting lost eh?" I gripped his hand tight and we pushed through the large crowd of people until we reached the turnstiles. We put a few coins in and reached the gap.

"How many trains?" I asked.

"Just two. We get off at New Oxford, on again at Museum than off again at Petworth." He explained our route and I felt more comfortable knowing he had this all planned.

"What could we possibly be doing on the South side of London?" I asked feeling a bit curious but I knew I wouldn't get an answer.

"Don't worry. Let's just get on the train. I can vlog with you if that's okay." He requested. The PA system made an announcement about an arriving train and we stepped back. This was my favourite part was feeling the wind of the train before it even arrived it was so refreshing.

My hair got all in my face and Chip laughed at me. "You don't know the struggle, but yes I will be in your vlog." He gave me a quick side hug before we got on the train. We took two seats before anyone else that was until and older woman stepped on the train. She stood back but I excused myself letting her have the seat.

"Thank you dear." She smiled and took the seat next to Chip. He invited me to sit on his lap and I accepted not wanting to stand for half an hour.

"Thanks." I said to Chip. 

"No problem. You'll want to save your energy for what we have planned later on today." My dirty minded self automatically took that the wrong way.

"Oh come on Chloe, get your mind out of the gutter. You're one of my best mates' sister." I frowned at this.

"Exactly i'm his sister not his daughter Chip." I looked at him hopefully. Hoping that he understood. I didn't exactly know what I felt for Chip but I knew I was not going to let him go.

We looked at each other for what felt like a while. I looked back and forth between his eyes and lips and leaned in. Unfortunately our almost kiss was cut off by the train coming to a sudden stop. I giggled about the occurrence and he smiled leaning back in. This time we actually got to kiss. 

Obviously I've had my first kiss before so this wasn't some magic and fireworks but  that doesn't mean it wasn't great.

"I have a feeling this is going to be a good date." I chuckled allowing him to wrap his arms around my waist.

"Me too."