chapter twelve

Cal sat me onto one of the beanbag chairs which I loved oh so much. I had calmed down a bit since we had arrived but I still couldn't get him off of my mind. I couldn't believe my ex boyfriend was back again.

"It's going to be fine you can stay here a while, Cal, Harry and I will take care of you. You have everyone in the building to care for you also. I promise he will not get to you as long as you are with us." Cal cradled me and Callum was fetching me water.

"Thanks." I muttered when he handed the glass to me. Cal sat next to me and watched me intently. It's not like i'm dying you guys can ask questions."

"What caused it?" I know Chip was dying to know the answer to this one.

"Except that one." I said sternly. Cal, Sarah and Callum exchanged glances. I knew that they knew but it wasn't  anyone else's business especially Chip's.

"Well I got nothing else." He threw his hands up in surrender. "Let's just relax."

I was chatting with Chip when Callum walked over to us. "You know if it makes you feel safer you can sleep here?" He looked sincere and I know that my brother would want this too. 

"Thanks." I muttered. "But we need to talk." I grabbed his upper arm and led him to his bedroom.

"What's the matter?" He asked looking at me worriedly. 

"You know he's here right?" I asked, making sure he knew what was going on.

"Yeah...i'm sorry I-"

"Shut up Callum it's not your fault but I don't have good news either." I ran my hand through my hair anxiously and walked over to the window. He followed closely behind and rested his hand on my waist turning me around to face him.

"You can tell me." I knew I could I had to. It's his right and I had to tell someone.

"Okay." I swallowed nothing hoping it would make me feel more comfortable but I was still nervous. "Chrissy is here." I started breathing heavily and getting freaked.

"Fuck!" He grabbed the pencil case and threw it against the wall causing a loud noise but he crumpled into the ground and started crying. I had never seen Callum cry, like ever and this was beyond awkward for me but I sat next to him and rested my head on his shoulder showing a sign of sympathy. "Why did you have to tell me?" I felt guilty when he asked this but then I remembered why I did ask him.

"I was at the concert with Chip and she was in the crowd. She saw me with Chip. He never saw her luckily, I was scared. For you, for me and for Chip." He looked confused so I explained further. "I wanted you to be aware she was here so it didn't catch you off guard. But the worst thing is I know Chip would leave me for her in a heartbeat if he knew she was here." I confessed.

"What do you mean leave you?" I knew he knew but I wasn't exactly clear. 

"Chip and I aren't official yet, but we kissed and I really like him. I want to be with him but something's in the way." I could feel Callum's breath calming down under me.

"I guess both of our exes had to come a fuck things up didn't they?" He pointed out.

"Yeah..." I thought about this for a long time and realized how horrible it was that I even told Callum about Chrissy still being here. "I'm so sorry. I probably shouldn't have told you."  I didn't even notice I was crying until I was mindlessly wiping away my tears.

Callum and I were close. As friends, I mean he's one of my brother's best friends so he was around often. He wrapped his arm around me supportively and we stayed leaned against the wall for a long while.

"We should get back to everyone else so they don't worry." He stood up and pulled me up after him. I opened up the door and everyone else was conversing casually.

"You alright?" Chip asked as I approached the group of guyss. Callum tapped my shoulder and I noticed he was taking my brother back to talk to him. I assumed it was about the predicament we were in, Cal needed to be aware of what was going on. 

"Thank you." I mouthed to him. "Yeah I'm good just a bit shook." I admitted. He pulled me in for a hug and I savoured the warmth I received from his body. 

"Just know that if you ever need anything i'll be right here." I knew that was true obviously. Chip and I had grown pretty close recently and I had no doubts that he felt the same way.

"Thank you." I said as he opened his arms letting me go. I looked up him and knew he would in situations it was reasonable, but no one can protect you from yourself.