chapter fifteen

I woke up aching to leave this country. Believe me I loved England, I just needed a break. All my bags were gathered from the previous night so I knocked on Callum's door to say goodbye.

I got that feeling when your stomach is empty. Just really empty. I was having second thoughts and I have no idea why. But I needed to do this, plus I had an interview waiting for me when I got there. It couldn't be all that bad.

After waiting for a few minutes and not getting a response I decided it was best to just walk in. I opened the door slowly before actually going in.

When I noticed he was asleep I sat at the end of the bed and gently shook his leg. He didn't respond so I pulled the pillow out from under him and hit him with it. "Goddammit, Chloe what was that for?" He grumbled into the bedsheets.

"I was waking you up to say goodbye." He sat up and wrapped the comforters around himself. I knew he wanted to go back to sleep but I just really needed to say goodbye.

"Come here you twat." He opened his arms and I gladly took the hug. "I'm going to miss you." He said into my shoulder.

"Too bad that's one sided." I joked.

"Fine then." He playfully pushed me and I stood up.

"I'm going to say goodbye to Cal. Then, I'll grab a cab and head to Heathrow." I explained.

"Are you sure you don't want anyone to drive you to the airport?" He offered.

"I'm positive, plus I just want to get there quick and easy. The more people the more hassle." He nodded his head in agreement.

"Just stay safe, love." I gave him one last hug before closing the door and walking to my brother's door. I could hear him in a phone call, most likely with Sarah but I walked in anyways. It was just a quick goodbye.

"Hey Cal." I said walking into the room. He turned his head to face me and then whispered something into the phone probably something like 'hold on I have to talk to my sister.

"Are you ready?" He asked. I nodded. "Oh I'm gonna miss you." I walked over and gave him a hug.

"It's just a short vacation. I won't be gone too long." I assured him.

"You're right." He muttered.

When I decided there was nothing more to say I said one more goodbye me left the building to be greeted by my Über driver. "Are you Chloe?" She asked.

"Yeah." I exhaled putting my bags in the trunk of her vehicle. The short drive to the airport was mostly silent, other than the music she had quietly playing in the background.

I gave her the money for the drive and walked into the building. Anxiety hit me quickly when I saw the what seemed like millions of people travelling throughout the building. They ran back and forth trying to decide where they were going.

Once I took a deep breath I turned right into ticketing and searched for a sign that said Icelandair. The woman at the booth gestured toward me indicating that she was open. After checking my baggage she handed me my boarding passes and directed me to the correct terminal. "Thank you." I said as I left the booth.

From there it was pretty easy. It always is once you get pass ticketing, all you have to do is find your gate and terminal then wait for your plane. I had plenty of time before my plane was boarding so I mindlessly scrolled through my phone on Twitter.

I got a post notification from Chip.

Chip @/theburntchip 3/11/16
"I'm getting a PO box, so you guys can send me loads of stuff and I can rip it up on camera and make a video out of it"

People took a few glances when I laughed at his 'originality' but I was far from caring. I decided to reply to his tweet.

Chloe @/chloeginley 3/11/16
"Okay and how many dildos would you like me to send you?"

I sent out the tweet then continued scrolling. Not much was new except Harry was coming to New York for UFC I didn't think he was serious when he mentioned it a few months back. I was a little upset that I was missing upload event but the guys knew I supported them.

My phone went off alerting me that I had a FaceTime call. The screen illuminated the name "Chip 🙃" I answered hesitantly taking in the fact that I was surrounded by people.

"Seven." Was how he decided to start this conversation.

"What?" I asked, raising one of my eyebrows at him.

"Seven dildos. I want to be able to give one to each of the Sidemen for Christmas." He was acting serious about that.

"Okay then have fun unboxing those for your video." I chuckled.

"Believe me I will. Make sure they're big too." I leaned toward my purse and pulled out a pair of headphones so I don't have to risk people staring.

"I'm sure you will. You're that kind of guy." There was an announcement over the PA about first class boarding. "My plane is starting to board." I informed him.

"Cmon you still have time." He urged me to stay on the call. "Just wait till they call you." He requested.

"Fine." I groaned. "But once they call coach I gotta go." He was okay with that answer. 

"What are you going to do when you get to New York?" He asked. First class was almost finished boarding.

"I don't know. I have an interview with Tay Jardine though." He didn't know who that was so I had to explain. "She's a singer from New York."

"Oh. You should stay for UFC." I rolled my eyes. I could never get into UFC like the guys did. I still watch it with them because it makes them happy when I'm 'involved.'

"Why? Will you come?" I got my hopes up.

"Probably not, but I know that Freezy and Harry are. You should stay with them, plus Cal plans on spending his birthday there."

"I might stay." I admitted.

"All coach members boarding to Reykjavík-Keflavík Airport." The attendant called passengers to go to the gate.

"I gotta go. I'll call you when I reach Iceland okay?" I gathered my belongings while saying goodbye to Chip.

"I'll miss you." I smiled at that comment.

"I'll miss you too. Bye." He said goodbye and hung up the call.