chapter sixteen

After landing in JFK I was beat and all I wanted was sleep. All I wanted was sleep and a mind that was functional enough to answer one question. Why did I walk out in Chip like that? That was so rude of me. He's probably so hurt too which is even worse. It also makes me wonder how he could go a whole FaceTime call without even mentioning the conversation.

I pushed aside the thoughts and got a cab to my hotel. "I need to check in. Chloe McGinley." She wandered behind the desk until she had the keys.

"I love your accent." She said to me. I just smiled not knowing what to say to that. "I'm sorry you must get that a lot. Here are your keys if you need anything there's a phone in your room with free calls to the front desk. Have a nice stay." I took the keys from her hand and found my room. When I walked in I immediately kicked out my shoes and pants and slipped of my bra then slid under the blanket. It was nice and cool and I was able to fall asleep almost instantly.

I decided that for my first day I would just go to the nearest pitch and pracwtice a bit. I slipped in one of my earbuds and started playing one of my favourite playlists on Spotify. It was calm but it was early so. I didn't need anything too hype.

I was practicing for a while when I noticed a few other people getting on the field. That made me decide to leave the field.

"You can stay, well only be using half of the field." One of the people in the group said.

"No thanks I have somewhere to be anyways." To be honest I had no where to be, I had no plans for this whole holiday. Other than the interview this was a dead holiday.

I'm going to have so much fun!

As you can probably tell this is just a filler chapter. Thank you for reading!