chapter nineteen

Everyone was excited because it was officially December meaning we could all get festive without being judged.

But Jide, Cal, Callum, and Harry were going to New York, again. They were going for some football thing with Red Bull but I heard they were doing a small meet up.

At least Chip and I could hang out more often without the boys being here. We still haven't told Cal that we were a couple.

I didn't have much planned today except just hang out at my place and watch Skam. So I went to my room and got dressed. From my wardrobe I chose a yellow floral top with floral shirts. I'm getting the floral vibes today.  I also slipped on some White sneakers ins case I needed to go out sometime in the day.

Halfway through season two, which I was rewatching for the hundredth time, there was a knock on my door. I stood up and answered a decently tall, 5'8" dark brown haired girl with blazing green eyes stood in front of me. She was a model of perfection why would she want to talk to me. Id also never seen her before in my life.

"I uh- think you have the wrong place." I was about to close to door but she put her hand on it o keep it open.

"Well let me ask, are you Chloe McGinley?" Maybe I could just say no and she'd leave.

"Yeah, why?"  I gestured my hand showing her it was okay to come in.

"I'm Jess." She introduced herself. I thought the name sounded familiar but before I could answer for myself she did it. "A friend of Chrissy. I'm sure you have heard the name you know cause you're dating Chip and all." She was fiddling with her freshly manicured nails trying I act like this wasn't a big deal.

"Why are you here?" The question was ringing through my head since the knock.

"No reason really I just wanted to let you know that you won't have to worry about Chrissy. She's over Chip. But Callum on the other hand, he's the one she's got her eye on." I knew this would wreck Callum. He wanted nothing to do with Chrissy after she cheated on him.

"I think you should leave." I suggested.

"I just wanted to give you a heads up." The boys told me that Jess was the nice one.

I considered her words and wondered if Chrissy would actually consider getting back with Callum, and if she was should I do something about it or let him handle it himself?

Jess left the apartment shortly after and I went back to watching my show. Of course that didn't last long without me chucking my cup across the room, don't worry it was plastic. Why would William leave Noora without even allowing her to explain the situation?! I decided that I should go a bit without this show because I knew it was too emotional for right now. 

I was still trying to process what Jess and pondered if I should tell Callum. I mean, he is one of my best friends I should give him a heads up before Chrissy shows up at his door. Unfortunately, I was too late. By the time I got to the apartment he had already been having a conversation with her. 

"I know you." She called out. "I saw you at the concert a while ago." She didn't look too happy with me, and call didn't look to happy with her. 

"Yeah, and?" What point could she possibly be trying to get at?

"I didn't know that you knew the boys, nothing important." She looked like she wanted to say something but I decided it was best not to bicker.

"Look, Chrissy. I think you should just leave. It was a bad break up and we wouldn't want to mess it up anymore." It seemed as if Callum and Chrissy's conversation had been coming to an end before I even showed up. 

She turned around swiftly and dramatically before leaving the flat. I let out a low whistle trying to put aside the awkwardness. "So, how'd that go?"

"Not too bad. She came in, asked for me back. I denied. She left." That couldn't possibly be it but that's not my business to worry about.

"How are you and Chip?" Callum asked awfully loudly while pouring himself a glass of water from the tap before sitting up on the counter.

"Decent, obviously we're not too open about the relationship but it's not like it's bad." Callum gave me a light smile and I returned.

"You're in a relationship?" Just then Cal wandered into the kitchen with us. My eyes went full show and without hesitation Callum answered for me.

"Chip of course, you didn't know?" I didn't know how to respond to that. I didn't know how Cal would react to that. God, I wish I never find out how Cal would have reacted to that.

"That's good to know." He looked serious but like I said before, I didn't know. "I'll keep that in mind." And with that he left again.

"I think you fucked up." I accused Callum.

"He had to find out sometime."