chapter six

The boys all finished their recordings and we had played a bit of football we were packing up.

"You know you're not too bad." Chip complimented. "But I need to take you out." I immediately went red and almost fell to my feet. I was that kind of girl. Who gets so cliché when she has a crush.

"What?!" My brother Cal exclaimed.

"You guys can come too." Chip added.

"What?!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah we're going to buy you some new shoes." Chip said. "At least I will. I have nothing else planned and honestly you need them." He looked down at my old and destroyed shoes.

"Excuse me but converse is culture." I sassily put my hand on my waist.

"And so are Yeezy's." He rested his hand on the small of my back and led me to the car. "Is anyone else coming?" Chip called out.

"You taking my car?" Joel jumped in.

"I got nothing else." He responded.

"We all have things to do we'll take you back Joel." Callum offered.

"Alright. Just be careful." Joel called out as he left us. Then Cal came around.

"You hurt my sister in the slightest way I will not hesitate to tape you to that crossbar again. This time no one's gonna take you off." Cal threatened.

"You got it bro." Chip said calmly.

"Cal calm down he's not gonna hurt me." Cal grabbed my arm gently and pulled me to where Chip couldn't hear us.

"That's what you said last time." My heart sunk when he spoke. "I just want to make sure you're okay." He pulled me into a hug and I let out a few silent sobs.

"Don't you trust him? He's your friend." I defended Chip knowing he wouldn't hurt me.

"Chloe, I can trust a guy with my life, Cal even." He sighed deeply. "But when any guy goes near you I just feel sick. I love you and I know I don't say it often cause i'm your brother i'm supposed to be a tough jerk." He jokingly made himself look tough and I wiped away the tears. "Be careful."

"I will." I gave him one last hug and skipped back to the car.

"You ready?" Chip asked.

"Yeah." I closed the door behind me and smiled out to Cal.

"What was that all about?" Chip asked.

Cal's POV

"What was that all about?" Cal asked. I gave him a knowing look and he whispered a barely audible 'oh.' "Really worried about Chip?" He asked. "That kid could barely hurt a fly."

"Yeah I know. And he's older than you what are you talking about?" We all fit into the car and made our way back to the flat. I sure do hope Chip takes care of her.

Chloe's POV

"No Chip you really don't have to do this." Chip walked up the the cashier with a pair of black Yeezy's.

"I know." He smirked. "I want to." I grunted and eventually let him purchase the shoes.

"Do you want anything else?" He offered.

"No!" I crossed my arms over. "I really hate when people buy me things." I admitted. "Now I feel guilty."

"Don't feel guilty." He ran up and stopped me from walking. "It was my choice. I promise you, you're not a burden." Now, if you're anything like me those are the most important words you will ever hear in your life.

"Thank you." Was all I could say.

"Do you want to get a bite?" He offered.

"Definitely." I smiled and chose a quick place to eat at.