chapter fourteen

I was busy packing up my belongings for my New York trip when I got a call from Chip. "Hey!" I answered, putting it on speaker.

"How are you?" He asked. I found it odd that he was calling for no reason.

"Not bad, you?" I answered, returning the question. I grabbed a few clothes that would be suitable for the weather. Which is cold. That's the one thing I hated about New York.

"Pretty great I was just wondering how you were." He admitted. I mentally awed to myself and continued stuffing my bags. "What are you doing?" He asked.

"I'll let you know later." I decided i'd let the boys know that I was going to New York on the day of my flight so I wouldn't have much choice of objection.

"Mysterious." He said. I smiled even though he couldn't see me. "I just wanted to see how you were but if you're busy then I'll let you go." I liked that he was like this. How he knew when I just needed to be left alone.

Once I was finished packing I grabbed my the rest of my bags and headed over to Cal's place. I decided i'd spend the night, he already gave me permission. Then i'd leave from there in the morning for my flight.

"Hi guys!" I greeted the Cal's as I walked in. Harry was on vacation in Guernsey at the moment. I already told him that i'd be leaving and I got my goodbyes in before hand.

"Hey Chloe. You're staying in Bog's room right?" Callum asked taking my bags for me.

"Yeah, thanks." I responded as he pulled the bags to Harry's room. "Hi Cal." I greeted him individually when Callum left the room.

"Hey, how are you?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Not bad." It was kind of a dry conversation before Callum came back. "I think we should have a Halloween movie night." I suggested.

"Why's that?" Callum asked.

"Yeah, why don't we just do it Halloween night?" Cal questioned. We all sat down on the couch together.

"Guys I need to talk to you." I finally decided to tell them. I would have to, I leave tomorrow. They sat down not having a clue of what I was going to say. "Oh come on, you can't be completely oblivious I have loads of bags." I explained.

"Where are you going?" Callum asked.

"I'm going to New York for a while. Probably just a week honestly." I acted as if it weren't a big deal, cause it wasn't. I'd be back in about a week. I was still upset I didn't even know why I wanted to leave, I just...wanted to.

"Oh." Cal said not having much of an opinion on that. "Are you telling the rest of the guys in the building?"

"Yea, I was thinking about going down to each of their apartments for a little bit and then coming back up here to spend the rest of the time with you guys.

"That sounds cool." Callum stated. "We'll see you later then..?" He had more of a questioning tone not knowing if I was leaving the apartment yet.

"I'll be back shortly." I hugged them both and walked down to Ethan's apartment first. It was a comfortably silent wait down the elevator before I knocked on his door.

"Chloe!" He greeted me with open arms. I gave him a hug and he invited me in. "Come in! Come in!" I followed his steps into the apartment and immediately found my way to the couch. "What brings you here?" He asked.

"I won't be long." I admitted. "I just came to tell you that i'm going to be leaving."

"Oh." His smile dropped. "What d'you mean?" He questioned.

"It's just a vacation to New York." I told him, not wanting him to think that i'd be leaving forever. "I'm just going to hang out maybe get some work done while I'm there."

"What's sending you there?" I swear this boy always has too many questions.

"Nothing really, I just wanted to get away."

"I guess if that's what you want. Do you want some tea?" He offered. I shook my head in denial.

"I got to go say bye to Joel and Chip." I stood myself up and hugged Ethan one more time.

"I'll miss you." He spoke.

"You'll see me again." I smiled up at him since he was a little bit taller than me.

"I know, goodbye Chloe." I flashed him a smile before I closed the door behind myself. I continued my journey on the elevator, to the front door, and shared a similar conversation with Chip and Joel. I was about to leave when Chip grabbed me by my shoulder and spun me around.

"Chip, what are you doing?!" I looked in his eyes and he looked extremely upset yet hopeful.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked me. I was overwhelmed the question.

"I-I um Chip." I looked over at Joel who looked worried. "I gotta go..." I ran out the door and couldn't be arsed with the elevator so I just took the stairs to get to Cal's apartment. I had tears in my eyes.

"What's wrong?" Cal looked at me concerned and I couldn't tell him yet which made me feel bad but he did not need to know about this situation right now.

"Just let me talk to Callum." I invited Callum into my room and I sat on my bed. He sat next to me so I laid down and rested my head in his lap.

"What's wrong, love?" I looked up at him and he was looking down at me.

"Chip asked me to be his girlfriend." I confessed. "I just don't know what to say, I was overwhelmed then I just walked out on him. I feel terrible."

"Should we invite him over?" Callum offered. "So you can talk it over with him."

"No, I think i'll just wait it out. When I come back from New York I would have enough time to think about it." It seemed like the best thing to do.

"If that's what you feel is best, I think you should at least let him know though okay?" I nodded and sat up from my position.

"Okay." I pulled out my phone and just sent a simple text saying that I would think about it. "I'm going to get some rest, my flight is early. Tell Cal I said goodnight."

"Too bad we couldn't have our movie night." He had a slight frown but pushed it aside.

He stood up and fixed himself while I climbed under my covers. "Goodnight Callum."

"Goodnight Chloe." He closed the door and I plugged my phone in clearing my mind.