Chapter 4: The Wolf Takes Over

Lauren's POV:

February 20, 2015

I know I should have stayed in my room. I shouldn't have gone to her place. But a few beers made me easily break my own promise. I was out the door and in my wolf form running towards her house before I could gain back my self-control. I don't know what came over me but I needed to let out this bundled up tension so I growled and howled loudly. I wanted to scream at someone, anyone, I need to get those answers. Why her? Why now?

I reached her window and hear her shuffle around her room behind those thin walls. Her head pops up right behind the window before she reaches for the handle, opening it up completely. When she leans out the window she softly scrunches up her nose from the change of temperature before her brown eyes scan the environment. The moment her eyes lock onto mine I feel a wave of peace and calmness rush through my veins.

Her glance makes me really believe that everything is going to be alright. She observes me, I can feel her eyes burning on me, each body part she locks eyes on feels numb. I step closer to her window. Each step I take I can feel her eyes on me. When I'm standing right underneath the window I sit down and stare up at her.

We keep on starring softly at each other before she holds up a finger signaling me to stay right there. I hear her ruffling through her bag before she comes back to the window with a small yellow container in her hands. She takes off the cap and turns it over slowly to drop down the contents. It plops down right in front of my paws and into the snow before I look down and sniff it. I've always hated pineapple. I shuffle on my paws and look back up at her. "I know you don't know pineapple Mr. wolf but it's super delicious." I shake my head slowly at her statement.

First off I'm not a male, and more importantly, I know pineapple and it tastes so disgusting. Inventing Hawaiian pizza was the worst crime a human being ever committed. I shuffle on my paws away from the disgusting fruit before I look back up at her. "You don't like it. Maybe my mom was right, no one likes pineapple; even a hungry wolf prefers to starve instead of eating pineapple."

Ok now I feel slightly bad. Why does she have to pout at me like this? 'Ugh grow some balls Jauregui.' I sigh softly before I lean down and take a slice of pineapple slowly between my fangs. When the disgustingly sweet taste makes it's way around my mouth I feel myself slightly throwing up. I just swallow everything at once and try to keep everything in. When I see her beaming down at me I know that there is no other way around this. I need to eat the rest of this disgusting fruit too. Oh dear lord please help me through this.

I can hear her softly mutter to herself. "I think I have more pineapple in the fridge, I bet he's starving. I should go downstairs and get him some more."

'HELL NO'

February 27, 2015

I'm currently walking down empty hallways, making my way to the first class of the day, sports. Since last week I've been trying to act as casual as possible. I've acted up enough, I can't afford making more mistakes. Looking through Camila's schedule I saw that we have a few classes in common. Science, Sports, Spanish, and Math, to be exact. Since I dropped the petite Latina off after the fight, I avoided her for the rest of the week as best as I could. I couldn't think of another way of fixing my slip ups. Distance seemed to be the best option. I didn't have to be mean or hurtful to her because I made sure that we wouldn't cross paths.

I walk down the narrowing corridor which leads to the girls changing room. Checking the clock I made sure that I'm still on time. Seeing that Camila always tries to be early, I always made it pretty late to class so that she couldn't interact with me if she might overcomes her anxiety in some rare moments. After observing her it wasn't hard to tell that the sweet girl is nervous around people and usually prefers to stay by herself. Between the stuttering, avoiding eye contact, and nervously fiddling with her hair, it became pretty obvious.