Epilogue

Lauren's POV:

June 08, 2025

Ten years of marriage. Today marks the day. A whole decade has passed since the first time we promised each other unconditional love, loyalty and faithfulness. I'd like to say that a lot happened during those years. That we experienced many significant moments, marked by ups and downs, fighting through hardships but also being gifted with the happiest days of our life. Looking back at all of this I'm thankful that within all this change there are some things that stayed untouched by it. We grew up, changed our minds, learn new things which influenced our opinion and mindset, reinvented ourselves in some ways. There were people entering our lives and also some who left but after all these years of changes and countless obstacles we had to overcome, I can say without any doubt that I still love her the same way I did ten years ago.

I was currently washing my hands impatiently on the metal sink of my workplace, trying to get rid of the oil and dirt underneath my nails. My green eyes never leave the slim pointer of the white quartz wall clock, situated right above the counter of the small costumer section. When my hands are finally as clean as they will get I dry them off before I walk over to my locker. Unlocking it and opening up the black door, I look immediately at the picture that I hung up on the wall of the beaten down cabinet on the day I started working here. If I remember correctly I've already worked here for almost as long as I've been married. Smiling at the thought of my brown eyed wife I give the picture one last glace before I pull the wedding band from my bag, pushing the silver ring back onto my ring finger.

I actually wore it the first few days when I started working here, but after I scratched it accidentally with a screwdriver I decided it would be better to take it off and lock it away during my shift. I still remember how sad I was when I discovered the dark scratch across the bright silver metal. I value my wedding ring just as much as I value the woman who gave it to me. My eyes move over to steal one more glance at the clock and when the pointer finally hit the four, giving me the confirmation I needed, I grab my bag hurriedly and swing it's strap over my shoulder while I shut the metal locker with a loud thump. I yell 'Goodbye' over my shoulder, addressing my boss Doc before I dash out the door.

Doc is such a good man. I actually met the old guy an eternity ago, when we both visited the same car show. On this day my significant other was of course by my side, despite her lack of understanding for cars or mechanics in general. Doc and I share the same passion for old and classy cars, so when we both wanted to buy the exact same model, instead of fighting each other off, we started chatting and immediately clicked. The white bearded man let me know that he just moved to my town and bought an old building that's situated just a bit offside from Silverwood's main road. Later on I found out that he needed a fresh start after his wife passed away after forty years of marriage. I can't even imagine how devastated he must have felt and still does. He planned on opening up a car workshop, mostly to fix old beauties, he planned on selling them or in general just to fix customers' old cars. When he noticed my interest in his project he immediately asked if I would be interested in working with him. At first I wasn't too convinced, during that time there was so much was going on at home and I couldn't just make such a big decision without being properly consulted by my wife. She of course, as supportive as she is, convinced me to accept his offer.

Caressing her huge baby bump she looks softly at me, a bright generous smile gracing her plump lips. "Baby this is the perfect opportunity, you love working on cars, especially old ones. This way you could earn money by doing what you love." I caress her cheek and wrap my arm tighter around her shoulders. "I know where you're coming from Camz but you're currently carrying our baby. In not even two months we'll have a baby. It's not fair when I would be off to work from Monday's to Friday's and you'd be all alone with our little daughter."