Chapter 18: Date Night

Lauren's POV:

June 11, 2015

We arrived back home pretty late last night. After the rough start we had with those two strangers, Camila really seemed to hit it off with 'Norminah'. Personally I am still a bit skeptical about them. I've always been a very cautious person, I've been hurt so many times before, I can't allow myself to let down my guard, with no one besides my wife of course. To witness the way their friendship makes my brown eyed girl glow so much more, gives me enough of a reason to trust them, for now.

Camila was never the one to have a lot of friends growing up. It took us a few deep moving conversations and there are still a trillion things I need to find out about her, but her lack of friends became very clear early on. Since she's been with me the only other person we're frequently interacting with is Allyson so it's a good thing that Dinah and Normani are around. They give Camila something that I could never do. A loving relationship is a lot to give but humans also need the love of family and friends, and since the relationship towards her parents is already close to non-existent, it's good that finally things are starting to work out for her in the friendship department.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts when a slim tanned arm wraps itself around my waist and the owner of mentioned arm rests their head against my chest, a heated cheek resting above my sternum while they tickle my nose with their brown curls. The scent of peach lingers in the thick air of our bedroom, not too heavy but also not too thin to miss, just the right mixture of her shampoo and natural scent. It's June which means two things, summer vacation but also that Silverwood turns into Miami. Ok maybe that was me exaggerating things a bit but the usual pretty cold place turns into a warm sunny village. Most people like the warmth but for me personally it feels too warm. I really need to install a proper ac system before the heat is gonna get to me. A part of me hoped that since I lost my wolf that at least now I could handle the heat better, well guess who's wrong.

"Good morning baby." Her raspy morning voice makes my heart miss a beat, especially the way she addressed me.

"Good morning darling." I press a light kiss to her head and wrap my right arm around her to pull her closer against me. It's already pretty warm in our bedroom but the lack of clothing helps. "How did you sleep?"

"I had a nice dream. We were out just the two of us to watch a movie. You know just a regular young couple having fun going out, no worries, no supernatural stuff just you and I enjoying a good movie. And later on we went to a bar and partied a bit. We had some wine, you beer of course and it was as simple as beautiful."

She is longing for some normality. I can see it in her eyes. She was all in, my ride or die girl but I also want to give her some reality, a regular relationship and not just all this freak stuff. She deserves it.

"Then we should go."

She lifts her head off my chest to glace at me with soft eyes, maybe even questioning eyes, if I really mean what I just offered.

"Are you asking me out on a date Mrs. Jauregui?" she throws a small grin my way, still a bit cautious since she knows that I don't really like going out anymore but truth is, I'd do everything for my beautiful girl.

"Well Mrs. Jauregui a beautiful woman like you should be treated that way. So if you want to go out to have a movie/bar date then that's exactly on what I'll be taking you Camila."

"Are you serious?" I see the way she tries to control her smile. I nod my head and let out a small puffed breath when she throws herself onto me, wrapping her arms tightly around my neck and hugging me so tight that I can't breathe for a few seconds.

She pulls back and presses a few wet kisses to my face. "You're seriously the sweetest wife in this universe."

"I try." I give her one of my infamous lopsided grins at least that's what Camila calls them.