Chapter 16: I Promise

Lauren's POV:

June 08, 2015

Since our engagement, which took place two weeks ago, a lot of things have changed. My injuries healed pretty well compared to their slow progress over the previous weeks. The mean reddish color of my scars faded a bit but they will never fully disappear, keep on reminding me of the painful incident. The pain is barely there anymore, it comes and goes but it's mainly the mental one that keeps me on my toes. Allyson's mother assumes that I'm too hard on my own and that all the pressure I put myself into was the cause for the delay of my human healing process. Yes Allyson Brooke Hernandez and her family do know about me. It all happened last week. Allyson came over to ours after school, something she usually does. Just because Camila and I are currently not present in school doesn't mean that we don't have to catch up on all of our assignments, presentations and homework. Since Camz and Allyson are good friends she offered my fiancée kindly that she could help us out by dropping off our worksheets and instructions from our teachers.

That day when Allyson dropped by Camila was currently taking a shower. The short blonde was way earlier than usually. A part of me wanted to drag Camila out of the shower when the shrill ringing of the doorbell interrupted my marathon of 'Z-Nation', but despite all reservation I decided to get the door myself. Walked over toward the front of the house I open the heavy wood door to face Allyson for the first time since the fight.

flashback June 01, 2015

Opening the door hesitantly I see Allyson's bright smile disappear the second our eyes meet. I can see the disturbed look in her brown orbs. "Lauren what did happen to you? Your eyes?"

I avoid her stare and shift my black orbs to the ground, staring at my pizza socks. Camila actually wanted to bring some more color into my closet. 'You're always wearing black Lauren, you need some more color, some fun.' After what felt like hours of discussion I finally fought her on buying silly shirts or pants for me but she insisted on getting me some socks with food prints on them. 'See it as undercover mission. No one is gonna see them anyways because of your ankle boots.' At first I hated them but I could never say no to my fiancée and her damn puppy dog eyes. If I'm being honest I actually grew on them, doesn't mean I'm going to tell her this though.

Clearing my mind by shaking my head lightly, I wipe the small smile off my face and look back at the tiny woman. "Allyson I would tell you if I would have any idea what you're talking about." I hate lying but I can't really run around and let everybody in on my late secret. Doesn't matter if I am still a werewolf or not, I need to keep the secret.

Allyson's next words make me choke on air. "Lauren I know what you are." She smiles knowing up at me while I try to keep my cool, despite my slip I try to keep a straight face, claiming that I have no idea what the blonde means.

"I have no idea what you're talking about Allyson."

"Oh cut that crap Lauren you know exactly what I'm talking about and stop calling me Allyson I told you like a million times to call me Ally." pushing herself through the small crack between the door frame and my body she enters the house and walks casually over into the direction of the black couch to take a seat. "So where is Mila?"

I point upstairs. I hope Camila is hurrying up. "Do you want to drink something Allys- Ally I can offer you some coffee, tea, water or maybe some soda?" softening the small glare she gave me for the slip with her name she nods immediately. "Yeah some tea sounds good I guess we have a lot to discuss."

I nod my head and excuse myself to fled to the kitchen and fix us the mentioned drinks. I'm so deep in thoughts that I don't even hear small footsteps approaching me. When she gently slides her slim arms around me I tense shortly before I relax into her embrace as she pulls my back closer against her front while she rests her forehead in-between my shoulder blades.