Chapter 8: I Said I'd Catch You If You Fall

Lauren's POV:

March 01, 2015

I was very surprised. I never thought Camila could be such a spontaneous woman. I mean over the last few weeks when she was around me she seemed to grow more confident in herself. But I would never have thought she had it in herself to yell at me without any reservation. She put me into my place, something I really needed when I think about it. It seems that she grows in my presence, she's blooming, nothing like the shy girl I witnessed moping around the crowded hallways of our high school. I never knew it was possible for someone to change their whole appearance within this small amount of time.

I also never imagined that our bathroom chat could end up this way. When things got intense and personal we tended to push each other away, take our distance and ignore what is obviously growing between us. Ok who am I fooling, I'm the one who usually pushes her away and doesn't give her the chance to be there for me, to get to know me properly. But I guess a part of me is finally starting to accept her presence in my life. And let me tell you one thing, opening up to someone who cares on a deeper level about you, will reward you.

We are currently standing in our school's first floor bathroom, Camila has her short arms wrapped loosely around my neck. She's standing on her tiptoes to reach my lips while I hold her softly with one hand by her waist while the other one is resting against the side of her neck, my thumb softly caressing her tanned skin. I wish I could let loose, to let go of the whole wolf thing and just be my old self for once, to enjoy this special moment without any fear of losing control holding me back. But I already feel the first stage of my transformation kicking in while her soft lips brush slowly against mine.

My senses are on the edge, her racing heartbeat rings in my ears. It slams so violently against her ribcage that a part of me is afraid that this fragile organ will fight the protective construction around it. I can feel the movement of her pulse point on her neck, how it pushes aggressively into my palm which rests softly against it. Her breaths are short and flat, I can feel her chest moving against mine when her lungs absorb new oxygen. This is what I meant by letting go of my wolf. She is analyzing her like my prey, to find her weak spot and pounce on her. I wish I could enjoy my first kiss fully without any hesitation, like a normal teenager in love. I softly pull away from her, breaking our first kiss when I feel my fangs slowly growing inside my mouth.

I gently hold onto her but I keep my eyes closed, trying to gain back the control over my body. I keep my head down and I feel how she softly rests her forehead against mine, her soft strands of hair tickling my heated skin. I feel her arms lightly tightening around my neck while she starts to play with the baby hair in the back of my neck. Her smooth voice is the first thing to interrupt the silence.

"I have no idea how this happened Laur but I'm glad it did." I can literally hear the smile on her lips while she talks. A swarm of butterflies erupts in the pit of my stomach at the nickname that left her plump lips. Her words calm me down and give me a minor boost of confidence. Maybe this is really where we are meant to be in our lives.

I lift my head slowly to separate our foreheads and open my eyes to look down at her. My breath hitches midway when my eyes take in her beauty. The smaller woman's cheeks are lightly flushed, her lips are slightly swollen from our intense kiss a few minutes ago and her dark brownish curls are all over the place, but the most beautiful feature about Camila would have to be her eyes.

They may seem to be pretty dark and average for other people but for me they hold so much more, they mean the world to me. They have this magical shine to them, she seems to be glowing right now and it might sound too early to say so but I can see so much love and passion radiating off of them. All those emotions thrown my way are a bit overwhelming for me. This look is everything I always needed, I know I can trust her, she is my destiny and I need to start trusting her. This was the moment where I finally swore to myself I'd let her in.