Test 33: My Daughter

8 out of the 20 bugs I submitted are rejected as duplicates by the Sweeper; these are much better statistics than I expected.

I got a little carried away and poured everything I had into the server. Now my arsenal of bugs is empty.

To refill it, I'll have to interact Lily in new ways and to discover new problems which can be reported. I open the user manual and the PRD to get some ideas.

As part of the "Artificial Imprinting" department, I should focus on testing knowledge and her ability to learn. I take out a pen and a small notebook from my backpack and bring them to the computer.

While going over the user manual and the PRD, I write down potential questions which I could ask Lily to test her knowledge.

After filling two pages of ideas, I stand up and head over to Lily.

"A-ah..."

She fidgets when she sees me approaching. It's not a surprising reaction, considering she hasn't made any progress with the Lego during all this time.

I sigh and try to teach her again.

"Just place it randomly on the board."

"I-I know that much! Hmph!"

She frowns as she looks at the messy plate I prepared for her. She slowly brings her little palm above the lego plate, but then...

"..."

Just how many times have I seen her freeze over this same exact problem? Does she even figure out anything new after freezing? Does she progressively get closer to understanding something?

I have a feeling that the answer is "no"...

"Ah."

She snaps out of it, but her small palm stays hanging in air and doesn't move toward the board.

"You are doing fine, just put it here for example."

"A-ah!"

I wrap her small hand with my own and bring it down toward the plate.

clack

We successfully place the brick in some arbitrary spot..

"You see? It's easy."

"H-hmph, I could do it myself!"

She averts her blushing face. It's hopeless, I'll have to think of another way to handle the whole Lego subject.

Perhaps she'll be able to use a Lego manual to build some specific set. I just need to track down all the relevant Lego pieces to make that possible.

Either way, right now I want to do some QA testing about her knowledge.

"Lily, let's go to the sofa."

"Hmph, if you beg so much then I might as well comply."

She obediently stands up and heads toward the sofa. Before following her, I sweep the Lego pieces back into the bag.

As for the holy lego constructs which Lily refuses to break apart - I hide them beneath a desk.

If it's below a table, which is behind a partition, which is at the rear of the room, which is behind my desk's partition... that much should be safe enough, right?

After sitting beside Lily on the sofa, I flip through my notebook with a pen readied in my right hand.

"Okay, so... do you know my name?"

I turn toward Lily to examine her reaction. As far as my memory serves, she didn't have a chance to hear my name.

"P-papa's name?"