~Chapter 17~

~This book is actually #980? Wow, it was really hard to get this book in the ranking, maybe because there are so many good werewolf writers.~

Brysen walks in," Artemis are you okay?"

"Yes, Brysen I'm okay," Artemis says, Brysen walks over and hugs the life out of her.

"We really need to talk about mom and dad,"Brysen says.

"Are they okay?" Artemis asks.

"No.. they're kind of dead,"Brysen says scratching the back of his neck sheepishly.

"What?! Why didn't you tell me when I got here?" Artemis asked shouting.

"It didn't seem like a good time because you were altering your DNA, remember?" Brysen says angrily.

Artemis rubs her hands down her face and groans,"Do you have anything else you didn't think to tell me?"

"Well, the day before they died they thought I was this dragon rider and wanted me to find you," Brysen says.

"Well, apparently they knew about the dragon rider bloodline and didn't think to tell me," Artemis mutters.

"Well, Artemis you kind of weren't home because you were becoming a scientist for the supernatural world, Mom and dad supported you but, they would've liked for you to visit more often," Brysen says.

"Well, I guess the dragon riding skipped you and went to me because apparently I'm the queen," Artemis says.

Brysen raises his eyebrow,"Really?"

"Yep, and I'm mated to a werewolf king," Artemis says motioning toward Titus who just watched the sibling fight.

"Well, since I've told you about mom and dad I'm going home," Brysen says turning around and walking away.

Artemis just watched him walk away.

"You're not going to stop him or maybe grieve over your dead parents?" Titus suddenly asks.

"Me and my family only got along on rare occasions, that's because I was never home because I was working my ass off to get money for them and myself," Artemis says bitterly.

"Well, now that this war is over and you're safe what will we do?" Titus asks looking at her.

"I don't know but, I do need to quit my job if I'm spending anytime with you," Artemis says getting up and walking out. 

Artemis rides Nesenth to her office, she walks in and up to her boss's office, she didn't know if he was in this late but, he was sitting at his desk. Artemis walks up to him and punches him in the face.

"I quit."