Chapter 4 - Damnit!

The next day, Abel woke Kayson, Lily, and Madilyn up at 8:00am. At this time, the sun was beginning to rise over the beautiful green and grassy horizons. As they slumped in the home and started brushing their teeth, Lily sat in the corner of the bathroom and started to cry.

"Wer mommy go?" Lily whined.

"Lily, I pwomise we find mommy soon." Kayson sighed, trying to comfort her.

But having not seen Asha for three days, Lily was beginning to grow terrified. She sat in the corner of the bathroom and cradled her knees, weeping loudly to herself as tears ran down her eyes.

"Lily, it wil be ok!" Madilyn smiled, placing her hand on her shoulders. "I pwomi-"

"Hey!" Abel barked.

As all of the kids jumped, he glanced over at Lily as she sat in the corner of the room.

"Get up!" Abel barked. "Get up right now!"

Lily scrunched her eyebrows at him, shaking her head.

"No.." Lily mumbled.

"No?"

Abel snatched out his belt and held it over her, watching her jump onto her feet.

"That's what I thought. Now hurry up and get ready." Abel growled. "You have to get ready to make all of us breakfast."

"We dun no how to do dat." Madilyn whined.

"I showed you yesterday, so you better do it right!" The man growled. "Or else!"

Afterwards, the man and Kayson sat down as Lily and Madilyn stood up on the stools. As Abel demanded that him and Kayson wait on their breakfast, he watched the girls stand confusingly at the kitchen stove. With the eggs and fresh bacon from one of the pigs on the farm, Madilyn did what her biological father taught her. She turned on the stove and cracked the eggs open, pouring it right into the skillet. As it started to sizzle, Lily stood there and watched Madilyn cook.

"While she's doing that, you clean up around her." Abel said, pointing at Lily. "You both are going to have to learn how to keep this house tidy. After the yard work, I'm showing you how to wash clothes."

Lily grabbed a napkin and wiped the mess from off of the stove. Madilyn placed the pieces of bacon onto a metal plate and placed it inside of the microwave, warming it up for a minute. Once the eggs were finished cooking, Madilyn placed and piled the undercooked bacon along with the unseasoned sunny-side up eggs onto a big plate, placing it in the middle of the table. As Lily and Madilyn sat on books in their chairs, they began to eat, when Abel smacked both of their hands.

"Don't you dare eat without saying grace." Abel growled. "Let's all grab hands and bow our heads."

Abel bowed his head, chanting and mumbling a prayer in his language. The kids at the table understood what he was saying, but they played along with it to avoid being yelled at. Afterwards, Abel placed a certain amount of food on each of their plates, then dug in.

Suddenly....

"Peh!" Abel spat, spitting out the breakfast. "Pew. Pew! PEW."

The kids gave him a blank look as he wiped his mouth.

"Did you even cook that bacon?!"

"In da micowave." Madilyn mumbled.

"No! That is not right!" The man shouted. "You're supposed to-"

Before Abel could finish his sentence, Iyana started to cry as she woke up on the couch. She wiggled around and clenched her fingers as Abel walked over to her, picking her up and rubbing her on her back. Iyana was only a week old. The man filled her bottle with baby formula and cow milk, feeding it to her to silence her.