Chapter 56 - "Chip off the Old Block."

Something I never told y'all specifically, was HOW Roman was killed. I know I explained how the coroners report looked, but I never discussed how he winded up in the grave that Isaiah put him in. So for now, let me just give y'all a brief description.

16 years ago...

We were still in Schaefer. Still in Schaefer that day. These were back in the days where Isaiah was that street thug, I was a slacker in college, and Noah was the geek on the block. Kayson was still an infant. As Isaiah sat with Kayson chewing on a toy on his lap, Isaiah called Tyler for the 15th time. Still no answer. She hadn't returned his calls for over a month. Taking matters into his own hands, he decided to drive over to the last place that Tyler said that she was staying when she was homeless.

Roman's.

With Kayson in between his legs like always, Isaiah rode over to his house with no seatbelt and no common sense. Isaiah picked up Carlos from the liquor store, telling him that he was going somewhere before he went home.

"Where we goin', 'Saiah?" Carlos asked as he smoked his blunt, scratching his beard.

"Over to Roman's. That square that Tyler stayin' wit." Isaiah growled as he turned to him. "And can you not smoke that shit in here, man? My son right here."

"I'm smokin' with the windows open." Carlos grinned as he rolled down his window, hanging his blunt out of there.

"Aahshsbbsgdffft." Kayson spat as he sucked on his toy.

"Don't worry, Kays." Isaiah groaned as he turned down the strip. "I'ma see wassup then i'ma get you home so that you can take a bath and get some rest."

15 minutes later, Isaiah arrived at Roman's home. Just as he pulled up, he saw Roman walking to his car.

"Watch Kays for me." Isaiah panted as he placed Kayson on Carlos's lap, getting out of the car.

Isaiah stormed up to Roman as he got prepared to unlock his car.

"So you got my girl stayin' up in here?" Isaiah growled.

"What?"

"Oh don't play stupid, nigga. You know who I'm talkin' about." Isaiah growled. "Tyler!"

"Oh hoh hoh." Roman smiled. "So someone's jealous, eh?"

"Excuse me?"

"Well certainly if she was 'your' girl, she'd be staying with you." Roman grinned. "Unfortunately, she's staying with ME. An educated man who's doing something with their lives instead of shooting random people and dealing drugs."

And this was back when Isaiah was quick and hot tempered. He snatched out his pistol, pointing it at Roman as he jumped back.

"Walk over to my car." Isaiah growled.

"What?" Roman panted.

"Now!"

Roman placed his hands up and started walking over to Isaiah's car. Isaiah kept the gun on him, shoving him in the backseat of his vehicle. Isaiah slammed the door, put his car into drive, and sped off. Carlos glanced back at Roman as he laid sprawled in the backseat, turning back to Isaiah.

"Yo, what the hell, man!?" Carlos gasped as Isaiah continued to speed. "What you doin?"

"You'll see."

"AAAAAHblahaBbaahah!" Kayson squealed, dropping his toy.

Roman's eyes widened as he glanced at Kayson, then looked up at Isaiah.

"You actually are gonna kill me in front of your child?" Roman asked.

Isaiah didn't say anything. He pulled and drove into a known area as Roman shook his head at Isaiah.