Chapter 50 - Start. [Part 2.]

Two days later, Madilyn continued to work at the market. As she worked and sold her fruits, she noticed that Kayson hadn't came into work all day. In fact, the hair salon looked like it was closed in general. Instead, Madilyn used a key and walked inside the empty store, peeking inside of it.

"Fran?" Madilyn said, calling the lead hairdresser of the place.

Out of nowhere, all of the lights inside of the place flicked on. Madilyn jumped as she watched everyone jump out from behind their chairs, cheering one thing:

"SURPRISE!" All of the women inside smiled. "Happy birthday!"

People started spraying confetti everywhere as one of the other hairdressers walked out of the back room with a bunch of small cupcakes for everyone. Madilyn took one of the cupcakes, smiling as she gave everyone a cheery look.

"Thank you, guys! I've been craving sweets like hell ever since my pregnancy." Madilyn giggled. "Who planned this?"

"Kayson." All of the women smiled as they pointed to him.

"Hey Kays, you wanna read Madilyn what you wrote her for my birthday?" Fran winked.

As all of the girls started giggling under their breath, watching Kayson step out in front of Madilyn as she sat down on the couch.

"Hey babe uh......I ain't corny or anything like that, but I just um...wanted to write you about how I feel." Kayson smiled. "Bear with the sappiness with me for a few minutes, okay?"

"Sure." Madilyn smiled.

Kayson took a deep breath, glancing down at his small pieces of paper.

"Madilyn Darla Napier. You will never understand how much I truly and genuinely care for and about you. Even though I have vague memories of my childhood, a couple things I can remember about you based on the pictures of us is that I've liked you since I was four years old. Four." Kayson smiled. "I remember a few of those days, but what I remember most is asking you what's in between your legs, kissing you on your cheek, and telling you how much of a best friend you are. When you left my fathers for that small period, I kind of forgot about you, but then I remembered once you returned to school."

All of the girls inside of the store stopped to listen what Kayson had to say.

"When I first saw you, I honestly didn't find you all that attractive." Kayson continued. "All I could see-"

"Well damn, Kays!" Fran chuckled as all of the other girls started laughing. "I thought that this was supposed to be a love note?"

"It has to get there, Fran." Kayson cheesed in a sarcastic tone, talking through his teeth and smiling at her.

"Okay I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Fran cheered lowly, waving her hands. "Go ahead."

Kayson chuckled himself, shaking his head and looking back down at the note.

"All I could see was an unattractive, American redhead with freckles and braces, when I barely got to know her from the inside. But once I started to talk and hang out with you after school, I felt that I had a good friend by my side. Turns out the longer we hung out, the more I wanted to be more than "friends"." Kayson added. "The one thing that let me know that you were a keeper, was when you ditched your fiancé for me, risking an honor killing from your own parents just to see me. If you ask me, that tells me that you look at me more than a person. You look at me as a friend."

Madilyn started to tear up as she smiled up at him.

"And what I look at you as is a strong and independent woman who was perfect by my side. Soon enough, those faded freckles and red curly hair started to become a little bit more important to me. Red curls turned into beautiful silky red roses, those freckles turned small dots giving me more and more insight on your inner beauty, and those braces you have made me love the small curves in your lips that came from the metal pushing and poking it out a tiny bit. Small things turned into big things." Kayson continued, smiling at her. "What also labels you as a strong woman, is that you're willing to carry my child for 7 more months, go through nauseousness, constant doctor visits, horrible labor, and permanent possible stretch marks and a bloody birth, just to bring our child here for us."