Chapter 19 - Dead Ends. [Part 1.]

Carlos glanced at Isaiah as him and Noah spoke with the woman at the home. Carlos sighed, turning back to us.

"I mean I ain't saying this shit to hurt nobody feelings, but we done went to every sighting in this bitch and what happen?" Carlos scowled. "We run into some damn Indian kids who don't resemble shit like Kays, Lily, the baby, or that white lil' girl."

Asha sat innocently in the back, looking down.

"I mean I'm pretty sure Isaiah wouldn't get nothing wrong like that." Asha said in a serious tone. "I'm pretty sure he recognized Lily and Kayson's voice."

"He could've been trippin' and eager off the anxiety of tryna find his kids, Ash." Stacey groaned, slipping his arms back into his hoodie as his hood covered his face. "I'm pretty sure of it. Just look at his girl."

"Aye, come on nah." I growled, intervening in the conversation. "Isaiah know Kayson."

"So?" Q snarled.

"So I'm pretty sure that he know how the hell Kayson sounds, Q! That's so!" I barked back at him. "If you heard Asha calling out for help, what are the odds of you mistakin' her voice?"

Q glanced down, placing his hands into his pocket and leaning back.

"Nobody ever said that this shit would be easy. We looking in a whole entire country for four fuckin' kids!" I growled, looking out of the window. "We need to be a little but more patient."

"Man how we know that they 'eem here?" Stacey growled, talking with his hood over his face.

"That's what the niggas they shot said that they were." Asha said.

"I mean they could've lied." Stacey mumbled. "Y'all know how Schaefer is."

"Well if I'm on the verge of dying, ain't no way I'm lying and trying to get shot." I groaned, shaking my head and placing my hands into my pocket. "I'm pretty sure they wasn't lying."

"I agree with Josh." Carlos said, placing his index finger up.

"Alright 'sir agrees a lot', how the hell y'all don't know that they sold those kids elsewhere?" Stacey scowled in a low tone, lifting up his seat and snatching his hood off of his face. "Think about it! Them damn terrorists could've sold them kids anywhere out of state by now! Ain't that what we do?"

"Stacey, you bein' a little stereotypical with they race." Q chuckled, giving him a weird look.

"Not by the documentaries I be watchin' at the crib." Stacey snarled, sinking back into his seat. "All of these Indian muhfucka's are some terrorists."

"Look, we just gone scope this place out fo' a few more days, then we gone go back scope out Schaefer to ask the remainin' niggas some questions." Carlos said, placing his hand out. "We're goin' to find them kids."

"How do we even know if they're still alive, 'Los?" Q asked.

"What I meant by that is that we're finding them kids, dead or alive." Carlos growled. "Either way, these niggas gone pay fo' putting us through this shit."

As Isaiah and Noah left the home, Asha placed her head on the window of the van and glanced out of it.

"Please let my baby girl be alive." Asha whispered to herself, trying not to tear up. "Please."

Seconds later, Isaiah and Noah jumped back into the car. Noah got into the middle seat while Isaiah got in the front.

"They said they saw the kids somewhere near the fruit markets." Isaiah panted, nodding his head and looking back at us. "Come on."