Chapter 23 - Subliminal Message.

Kayson was shocked. This was it. He was finally about to take the step into 'manhood' like he talked about with Aahdi. Abel placed his arm around Kayson, smiling down at him.

"Tell your sisters to clear out of the living room." Abel nodded as he walked outside. "I'll bring them in for you."

Kayson jogged in the living room, telling Lily and Iyana to go upstairs by Abel's orders. After Lily put the clip in Iyana's hair, they jogged upstairs as Kayson fixed up the living room. Abel rushed back inside, moving the big chair in front of the coffee table.

"Now you sit here." Abel nodded as Kayson sat in the big seat. "That way they can know who they're approaching."

"Okay."

"Now remember, this is the woman that YOU'RE marrying, Kayson. You be as picky as you want to be. I don't care how long it takes." Abel nodded. "I'm gonna set a three minute timer here, and the woman will tell you all about her. If you want to know ANYTHING, you ask. You're going to be the breadwinner of the family, so you call the shots. Alright?"

"Gotcha."

Next, Abel brought in the first girl. She was a petite young lady, roughly 5'3. She was an Indian teenager who had shoulder length hair along with a checkered blue dress. The girl sat down in front of Kayson, smiling at him.

"Hi." The girl smiled, holding her hand out to Kayson and shaking his hand. "I'm Adia."

"Hi Adia." Kayson said. "I'm Kayson."

Kayson leaned back in his chair, giving her a blank look.

"So, what can you do for me as a wife?"

"I can farm, plant, harvest, an-"

"Woah woah woah, that's what I'm supposed to do as the man!" Kayson laughed. "Do you know how to cook and clean?"

"Well, no?" Adia laughed. "My father usually has me out in the field."

And it was over for that girl. Next.

The next girl was a girl who was a little taller, also Indian. All of the girls that Abel chose was Indian. The next girl he chose had back-length hair with a long sleeve shirt and a skirt on. She sat down, shaking Kayson's hand and smiling at him.

"Hi!" The girl smiled. "I'm Kallah!"

"Kayson." Kayson smiled. "So uh....what do you think could make you a good wife?"

"Well I can't but I'm an upcoming model, so my mom says that I don't have to do much." The girl smiled. "Mama says that if a guy really cared for me, I won't have to be ran by the traditional home."

And that was it for this woman. Next.

"Hello." The next girl smiled, sitting down. "I'm Fiona."

"Hi Fiona." Kayson groaned. "PLEASE tell me that you know how to cook and clean."

"I know how to cook over 500 cuisines along with cleaning the whole entire house, including the bedroom." Fiona smiled. "My father taught me."

"OHHH." Kayson nodded. "Okay."

But Kayson noticed that there was something about the girl that indicated she wasn't Indian. Well at least, she didn't look like it.

"What race are you?" Kayson asked.

"I'm Greek and Mexican." The girl smiled.

And that was the deal breaker. Kayson wasn't interested in any women who weren't Indian. Why? It's what Abel taught him. After talking to three more women, Kayson decided that he hadn't found his wife today, so he called the day off. As the girls left, Abel stepped downstairs and smiled.